Where to buy spreaders?

Jun 23, 2017
NorthStar 22 Catalina 22 (under restoration) Lake Red Rock
We are getting very close to launch on our Cat 22 project boat. This past weekend we tackled the mast. One spreader bracket (newer style) was badly bent so I will need to order a new one. My spreaders are seized in to the brackets so I will also need to order new spreader tubes. I saw what Catalina Dorect wants for them and thought maybe you all would know of another option that will not break the bank. Thanks!

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
CD is usually priced fair. You are dealing with BOAT parts. Marine stuff is $$$.

Jun 23, 2017
NorthStar 22 Catalina 22 (under restoration) Lake Red Rock
Yep, I'm 2 years into this project. I know all about the $$$ ;)

greg_m

May 23, 2017
Catalina Jaguar 22 Simons Town
Check out what a local engineering fabrication shop would charge to make up new items... compared to just buying the parts as mentioned above. Of course if you have a friend thats handy with a stainless steel welding setup then it could be just some beers!

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
My first call would be to Catalina Yachts, customer service/parts dept. Their prices are often more reasonable. call the main switchboard number to be routed to the desired department, www.catalinayachts.com number is at bottom of opening page/

Feb 11, 2015
Catalina 22 Lake Jacomo
There is nothing particularly special about the spreaders that CD sells that justifies the price. They use 6064 T6 alloy, 1” O.D. x .120” wall x 27” long and want $62.50 ea! Go to onlinemetals.com and you can get 6063 T52 (very similar properties) in 1” O.D. x .125” wall for $3.61/foot. I believe CD chose 6064 mainly for its corrosion resistance and not strength as 6061 would have been twice as strong and cheaper, but oxidizes easily. 6063 is also highly corrosion resistant.

Dec 5, 2011
Catalina Catalina 22 13632 Phenix City
We are getting very close to launch on our Cat 22 project boat. This past weekend we tackled the mast. One spreader bracket (newer style) was badly bent so I will need to order a new one. My spreaders are seized in to the brackets so I will also need to order new spreader tubes. I saw what Catalina Dorect wants for them and thought maybe you all would know of another option that will not break the bank. Thanks!
You can also call the Catalina Factory parts number and ask around. It's called "The Foredeck" and if you're ever in the Largo, Florida area, I highly recommend just stopping by with your shopping list or better yet, bring your old parts with you and see if they can match what you have.