Block in Lazarette

May 10, 2019
Columbia 36 Severna Park
On a separate note:
Any advice for removing siezed seacocks? About to use my hitting wrench

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 34 Herrington South, MD
One of mine froze and I broke off the handle. Just had it replaced during bottom painting.

Apr 8, 2011
Hunter 40 Deale, MD
On a separate note:
Any advice for removing siezed seacocks? About to use my hitting wrench
Just unfroze one a few months ago. It was below the waterline, so after some relatively gentle tapping didn't move it i waited until the boat came out of the water for the winter. Then I sprayed PB B'laster into the thru hull from the outside, and onto it where it sat in the hull and let it sit for a few hours. The handle then turned with more gentle tapping from a hammer, and now is as workable as all the others. Fairly certain what did it was spraying the penetrating solution up into the thru hull from the outside.

May 10, 2019
Columbia 36 Severna Park
Just unfroze one a few months ago. It was below the waterline, so after some relatively gentle tapping didn't move it i waited until the boat came out of the water for the winter. Then I sprayed PB B'laster into the thru hull from the outside, and onto it where it sat in the hull and let it sit for a few hours. The handle then turned with more gentle tapping from a hammer, and now is as workable as all the others. Fairly certain what did it was spraying the penetrating solution up into the thru hull from the outside.
It is my next step actually! Thanks for confirming it may work!