Spring....?

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
I wonder if that is the same leaky C54 that landed in MD at Andrews on its way to the desert in AZ. We were tasked with patching the wing tanks so it could hold enough fuel to get across country... It was tired old bird. I got to man the Fire Suppression watch. As I recall it was a cold and wet day on the ramp.

Mar 1, 2012
1961 Rhodes Meridian 25 Texas coast
I wonder if that is the same leaky C54 that landed in MD at Andrews on its way to the desert in AZ. We were tasked with patching the wing tanks so it could hold enough fuel to get across country... It was tired old bird. I got to man the Fire Suppression watch. As I recall it was a cold and wet day on the ramp.
Navy 50862. Flew as radioman on that bird for 5 months- Keflavik Iceland to Germany and return once a week. Stops in Scotland, England. R and R flight. She had a pair off 300 gallon tanks aft of flight deck. Had been on Antarctica duty. Crashed on take off over in Arizona after she was retired- all survived. My last flight was May, 1963

Picture on tarmac in Mildenhall, England
navy50862.jpg

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
I remember the crew had to run out of the plane and stick a tail support under the plane before anyone could get off. Plane had a tendency to rock back on the main gear if too many tried to get off the plane at the same time.

I repaired her radios while in Andrews for the stop over. There were a few in service that came through while I was there. One was outfitted with upscale class seats and a lounge. 1970-73

Mar 1, 2012
1961 Rhodes Meridian 25 Texas coast
Did it have a radio deck behind the flight deck, with upper and lower bunks on starboard side ? We had double equipment- two of everything. Left over from the Antarctica time

Feb 6, 1998
Canadian Sailcraft 36T Casco Bay, ME
Oh now come on....... Can't we be done with winter by mid May.....

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
Not until Game of Thrones is over. One more week and it will be spring.

AaronD

Aug 10, 2014
Catalina 22 9874 Newberg, OR / Olympia, WA
A few visions of spring:

My son helping wash the roadster:
IMG_1052.JPG P5080166.JPG

The view out my office window: lots of flowers and shrubs waiting to go in the ground:
P5100171.JPG

Fresh Oregon strawberries on breakfast cereal:
P5100169.JPG

(The last one is cheating just a bit; there's a local farm that raises them in hoop shelters; the open field berries won't be ready for another few weeks)

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
While we are not getting snow, it is far from warm. Only in the mid 40s today and tomorrow. It is so bad, even one of local weather forecasters is giving up the business.

https://www.syracuse.com/weather/20...y-matott-leaving-tv-to-chase-a-new-dream.html

Rain is our big issue. It hasn't been dry enough to cut the grass in a couple of weeks, much less to get any spring work done on the boat. Any one know where I can rent some sheep? And Lake Ontario keeps rising, it is beginning to look a lot like the 2017 floods. :(

Bob J.

Apr 14, 2009
Sabre 28 NH
I actually put all the new mothers day plantings in the garage. Local weather says 3" in higher elevations over here in western nh. Could be worse...