Anyone with a '40 (pref. 80s) who could post photos of your line management?

Jul 16, 2018
Hunter 40 Boston
My sails should be coming back from the cleaners soon, and I'd like to get my lines all properly in place. I haven't seen my boat properly set up (mast was not attached when I bought it) and I'm not sure I'm making the best use of the space. I've also got a Forespar rigid boom vang that's not attached yet.

I've got two small and one large winch on each side, and two cleats inside the cabin on each side. I've also got the mounted pulleys in the aft corners on the downslope of the cabin side. My topping lift is currently just tied to the aft of the boom (which neither looks nor feels right)

We sailed down from ME to MA on the maiden voyage under less than ideal conditions and assumptions were made about how best to run the lines. Some of those assumptions I've learned were wrong, and I've made changes, but it'd be great if I could see how someone with a lot more experience has it set up.

Thanks!

Gunni

Mar 16, 2010
Beneteau 411 Oceanis Annapolis
Get a local rigger to come out and spend a couple of hours helping you sort things out.

Oct 29, 2016
Hunter 41 DS Port Huron
@limbodog a couple of pictures of what you have would be helpful, unfortunately I can't find any rigging info on this site for your 40, but I am sure if you post a few pic's of what you have you will be helped.

Jul 19, 2007
-Hunter 1995-40.5 Hunter Saint Andrews, New Brunswick, Canada
I believe that I have the rigging charts for my 1995, 40.5 if that is of any use to you.

Oct 1, 2007
Boston Whaler Super Sport Pt. Judith