What’s wrong with this picture?

Jun 11, 2011
Hunter 41 Lewes
that's how you hang your spinnaker out to dry, on the lee side of the sails. this is what you do after you hour glass it and dunk it.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
It is a painting not a photograph. So we must allow for Artistic license.
The freedom of artists to change facts in order to make a story, painting, etc. more interesting or beautiful.​
Besides, if you have a few more Corona’s or Modelo’s will you even see the picture on the wall?

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Which way is the wind blowing?
It looks like she's sailing on a 'head reach'. That's where the wind is coming from the direction of the masthead, above. One of the hardest tacks to sail.

Which way is the boat facing?
I believe that boat is a Mexican Sausalito (little sausage) they sail ambidextrously.

That's an existential enigma. You never know until it happens.

-Will (Dragonfly)

Mar 20, 2015
C&C 30 Mk1 Winnipeg
I have a painted tile in my bathroom that i picked up near Tulum years ago. I liked the tile but wanted him to add a sailboat to the scene. It looks like a sailboat if you barely know what a sailboat is like. Imo it looks like an east cardinal mark. Not one person has mentioned/noticed though.

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
Mexican restaurant near the sailing club
You guys don't get it!!
That is a picture of a...

Scared Mexican Sailor

Sailing on a Lake outside the city of Pueblo, Mexico.

with the Volcano Popocatépetl erupting in the background.

Last eruption in December 2018

Note the colors of the spinnaker are same as Mexican Flag.

The Sailor is under motor power hauling azz.:yikes::yikes:

Andale! Andale! Arriba! Arriba! Yii-hah! ...says Speedy Gonzales

Jaime...

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
I think it is pretty obvious the guy person went agound. He slacked the jib tack to backwind it, hoisted the spinnaker off the stern so all together the wind blew him backwards. /// A fellow in my sailing club bought a new spinnaker. He arranged a photographer to come out to take a nice picture. Trouble was, on the designated day, there was no wind. Skipper put her in reverse and filled the sail to get the picture.

Last edited: