Table extension strut - Legend 40.5

fero

Jan 15, 2010
Hunter Legend 40.5 Victoria
Hello again,
I am looking for a picture of the strut which keeps the main salon table extension up.
The PO removed the extension, as it is a rather large piece to store anywhere I mounted it back, but did not find the strut. I wonder if it is an item still available somewhere or it was a custom one.
Thanks for your input.

Rick D

Jun 14, 2008
Hunter Legend 40.5 Shoreline Marina Long Beach CA
Hello again,
I am looking for a picture of the strut which keeps the main salon table extension up.
The PO removed the extension, as it is a rather large piece to store anywhere I mounted it back, but did not find the strut. I wonder if it is an item still available somewhere or it was a custom one.
Thanks for your input.
I have a custom table, but the old one is in the garage. there is no strut which I think you are describing as a leg, right?

Oct 26, 2010
Hunter 40.5 Beaufort, SC
By strut do you mean the metal piece that collapses (folds) to hold up the extension. I will probably be to the boat in a day or two and will take a picture if you still need it.

Feb 10, 2004
Hunter 40.5 Warwick, RI
I checked- not in my picture collection. Sorry. But it is a folding metal strut as opposed to a leg that folds down and sits on the sole.

fero

Jan 15, 2010
It should be the folding metal strut as I can see traces of screws under the extension and diagonally on the vertical board of the table support.

Aug 6, 2009
Hunter 40.5 Mazatlan, Sinaloa, Mexico
Fero I have this strut in place. Let me know if you still need a pic. We had our table cut down to ease access to the settee and lockers under so the table is smaller but still using the "flap"

fero

Jan 15, 2010
Fero I have this strut in place. Let me know if you still need a pic. We had our table cut down to ease access to the settee and lockers under so the table is smaller but still using the "flap"
Charris, thanks picture would help , also how much smaller did you make the table and does it still permits conversion to the extra bed?