H39/H38 Airconditioning Specs

Aug 18, 2015
Hunter 39 La Paz
Hello,
We'd like to install aircon in our boat, a 2012 H39. Can anyone share where the unit for the salon is located and also BTU's? Also, where are the vents located?

Thanks,
Linda
S/V Eione

May 7, 2012
Hunter e33 Maple Bay, BC
Aug 18, 2015
Hunter 39 La Paz
Thank you so much for this. I don't know why I didn't think to look in the manual first. My apologies, abject and profuse for being a dunce.

Linda (with the cap on)

Aug 18, 2015
Hunter 39 La Paz
. . . and heels together.
Your welcome. But why the need for an AC in Seattle other than keeping out the smoke from forest fires from the North.?
Heh. We're currently in Mexico and making our way slowly to Panama and then on to the Caribbean. We figured it was a good idea to have it installed now before it becomes unbearable.

~Linda

Apr 11, 2010
Hunter 38 Whitehall MI
Hello,
We'd like to install aircon in our boat, a 2012 H39. Can anyone share where the unit for the salon is located and also BTU's? Also, where are the vents located?

Thanks,
Linda
S/V Eione
Our 2008 38 has a second unit in the aft cabin under the berth. It’s just to the port side of the fuel tank under the bed. Intake is under bed also. Air discharges are in the hanging lockers on port and starboard sides. The only thing I’d do differently is to install the thermostat in a different spot. Factory install has it right above the vanity on the back of the engine compartment. When the engine is hot it makes the thermostat go crazy. You should never locate a thermostat directly above a hot engine block.

Both the front and back air units use the same cooling water pump.

Last edited: