Happy Birthday, Kermit!

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
Yeah, happy birthday :dancing:. Reminds me when my teenage daughter made me a cake, but not quite THAT fancy. Her younger brother said to put a mint on the sail. Dau said, "dummy- sails don't have windows". He said, "daddy's does". He was right- I had an "O"day 222 !.

capta

Jun 4, 2009
Pearson 530 Admiralty Bay, Bequia SVG
Well, another one comes and passes.
That's OK, they say, you're getting older and wiser.
Ba humbug, I say, let me remain young and dumb as long as I can.
Congrats.

Bob S

Sep 27, 2007
Beneteau 393 New Bedford, MA
Someone that wise must be old!
Old is just a number...until I look in a mirror I don't think any different than I did in college unfortunately my body reminds me everyday how old I really am.
Happy Birthday!

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Happy Birthday Kermie.
So how many frog years in a human year. 1/3 or 12? After a year a tadpole gets his legs.

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
Happy Birthday! :waycool:
Thanks, Andrew. And thanks to everyone else! I’m just now seeing this thread. Yesterday was a banner day for me. Shirley and I *finally* splashed Palmetto Moon for the first time since early November. And more importantly since shoulder replacement in January. I knew my body was ready but it didn’t come without a little uncertainty. Turns out I did fine but my strength is still lacking.

The forecast was for 2 knots with gusts to 3. Wind is clearly the hardest part of weather to predict. We actually had a few whitecaps. Perfect day for testing out my shiny new shoulder. On the way home we stopped at El Poblano for a Burrito California and a Dos Equis. Shirley made me my traditional strawberry cake for my birthday. Nothing tells me she loves me more than her strawberry cake. We finished the day with my homemade strawberry ice cream. I thank God every year for being born in strawberry season!

@DaveJ I was born in 1958. That makes me 61 now. I have no idea how old that is in human years. Thanks for the birthday greetings, y’all!

DaveJ

Apr 2, 2013
Catalina 310 Niagara-on-the-Lake
Olde timer! My wife and I are both 58 babies, we met in kindergarten! (small town...)
Cheers
dj