Spring Cruise - 2019

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Have no fear I am sure the WiFi will be back online soon. I chatted with Shaw last night and they told me to let the marina know as this is a business account issue. I did just that so you can rest easy knowing that it is in good hands. A beer delivered to E21 when it happens would be nice.
Thanks, Len. When I told Cory about it she said see the marina, but I explained that not only was the marina guest wifi down, but so was Shaw Open (even yesterday) which is much better. I was gonna call Shaw, but now I can take a "cold-induced" nap! :) Beer comin' right up!

May 7, 2012
Hunter e33 Maple Bay, BC
Thanks, Len. When I told Cory about it she said see the marina, but I explained that not only was the marina guest wifi down, but so was Shaw Open (even yesterday) which is much better. I was gonna call Shaw, but now I can take a "cold-induced" nap! :) Beer comin' right up!
Beer please.

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
Just arrived back home after a nice rendezvous with...me. Some very nice sail time, hot wild blackberry cobbler right from the oven received raves from those in the bleachers. Barlow Bay anchorage...ugh! Spring Cruise - 2019 DVD in progress. Glad to hear all are safe and getting well.

Boarded by the CG for the first time ever in Padilla Bay at the Swinomish Channel north entrance. Details to follow. No seizure or arrest to report.

May 20, 2016
Catalina 36 MK1 94 Everett, WA
Came thru yesterday morning no CG. Guess I was to early for them. Sorry about bailing, but it was nasty out there.

What was the CG looking for??

Dec 25, 2000
What was the CG looking for??
Hi Les, yes it was nasty.

It was a routine CG boarding, and they were looking for everything, including adequate safety equipment. They used a multi copy form that had many check off items. A copy was left for me.
- Photo ID.
- Documentation.
- Hailing port.
- Boat dimensions.
- Proof of ownership.
- PFDs.
- Fire extinguishers.
- Contaminant warning decal.
- Waste overboard through hull valve closed.
- Current boat tab.
- Fire arms.
- Etc., etc., etc.

Four men on a high speed inflatable RIB. Two came aboard; both very professional and cordial. One of them even asked if I had beer on board, which they declined when I offered. Oh the horror.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Those look like the same issues addressed on the USCG Vessel Safety Inspection.
Wonder what the RIB crew would have done if you had a 2019 Inspection Sticker indicating that your vessel had been inspected and passed?

Apr 5, 2009
Catalina '88 C30 tr/bs Oak Harbor, WA
Given that it was snotty weather they were probably on a training run with new crew. There were few boats to choose from so the sticker might not have made any difference. It was probably more about training new guys than about checking your boat.

Dec 25, 2000
Spring Cruise 2019 DVD about done. Will post on YouTube once I publish it. Had a great time on the water. Turned out pretty good. Maybe 30 minutes long.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Terry. Nice video There is no question that Watmough Bay would have been a much better, more protected anchorage than Barlow based on the conditions. You’re a braver man than I, Gunga Din.