One Of The Most Badly Fouled Bottoms I Have Ever Come Across

Feb 26, 2011
Achilles SD-130 Alameda, CA
You know, the owner really needs to get a permit before he hires someone to destroy a marine habitat. I bet California will deny him.
Don't quit your day job, Jethro. A comedian, you ain't.

Dec 28, 2015
Laser, Hunter H30 Cherubini Tacoma
How do you see anything once you start? I would think it would take hours just for that reason.

Oct 29, 2016
Hunter 41 DS Port Huron
You know, the owner really needs to get a permit before he hires someone to destroy a marine habitat. I bet California will deny him.
The bottom is considered a sanctuary hull thereby guaranteeing denial by the local jurisdiction of authority, unless the president of a higher power, known as the department of cgrowth overrules the local authority thought to have jurisdiction at which point the sanctuary hull is granted immunity by all jurisdictions.

Aug 3, 2012
Performance Cruising Telstar 28 302 Watkins Glen
A job like that is mostly done by feel.
How do you get leverage? Do you need leverage? Do you just use positive buoyancy? Do you use an attachment? I would imagine you could run a line gunwale to gunwale...

Oh, and that boat needs a weedwacker!

Oct 29, 2016
Hunter 41 DS Port Huron
Boyle's Law still work in the stomach, but not as fast as your breathing.
Hmmmm... CO2 in the stomach

Just hard to burp with a regulator in your mouth!:cowbell:

Jim...
The hard part of CO2 in the stomach is not burping, its loss of buoyancy through gas seepage through the rectal passage.......:ass:

Nov 30, 2015
MacGregor 26S Lakehills, Tx
There was once a 30ft sailboat at the AFRC at Canyon Lake, Tx that had melded with the bottom. Apparently, the requirements the Recreation Center had for using that boat were so stringent that it never left the dock. The person in charge of the boathouse told me that they tried to move the boat, but it wouldn't budge. That was when I dove in and found that the growth on the bottom of the boat was attached top the lake bed 6 ft below.

Jan 25, 2011
S2 11.0A Anacortes, WA
I saw a Catalina 30 the other day had over 10” of muscles on the entire Bach half the boat. They were scrating with floor scraper and getting more than a gunny sack on each pass. 4yrs since last haul.

I bet if he took the boat out for 30 minutes at top speed 80% would disappear.

I pay $1/ft.
Does your diver ever go to Anacortes?

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
You would need to check... Think he has all he can handle locally...