Walking around the marina..uh-oh...

Jul 13, 2010
Precision 23 Perry Hall,Baltimore County
Spotted a Hunter 260 on a 2 axle trailer, 1998, 1999 9.9 Honda. $10,500.00 . 1 St glance, looks good. Sounds reasonable? What say you guys,? Kermit, step forward please.

Tedd

Jul 25, 2013
TES 246 Versus near Vancouver, BC
That seems like a decent price, based on what I've seen. I've never been on board one but the boat has interested me for a while. I currently have a 1995 Macgregor 26S that I like very much, but the Hunter seems to have a couple of advantages over a Mac like mine, for not too much more money.
  • More standard features (cockpit railing, ladder, etc.)
  • Decent anchor system
  • Slight nicer interior and layout (though that's subjective)
The Hunter is quite a bit heavier, though, so I wouldn't be able to tow it with my current vehicle. I expect that towing and launching the Hunter isn't quite as nice an experience as the Mac. The Mac really excels in that area.

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
Check the sails carefully. Look over the trailer for any problems and take it for a test sail. Make sure the ballast tank is solid and the valve is in good shape. Fire up the O.B after the sail and make sure it starts easy after it is cold. If all is good, buy it. That is a good price.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
Check the sails carefully. Look over the trailer for any problems and take it for a test sail. Make sure the ballast tank is solid and the valve is in good shape. Fire up the O.B after the sail and make sure it starts easy after it is cold. If all is good, buy it. That is a good price.
:plus: You may find something wrong or maybe they just want to get rid of it for whatever reason

Jul 13, 2010
Precision 23 Perry Hall,Baltimore County
Could be just not enough time. A few times over the years talked to them, they have 2 small kids,they live in Pa. About 90 minutes away, rarely saw it overboard....ya never know.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Suggest looking at the center board integrity and I would splash the hull to make sure no leaks paticuraly around the perimeter of the water ballast tank. Also check the rudder for integrity too. As a former dealer , I sold in excess of 20% of this line. If you have any additional questions, P M me if you would like to do so. If all passes, jump on that deal. Suggest posting in the small boat hunter section or forum where most go to for that boat. You have a first year Hunter 260

Last edited: