Bigger holding tank air vents.......

NYSail

Jan 6, 2006
Beneteau 423 Mt. Sinai, NY
hello all

Beneteau holding tanks....... changed tank to gravity discharge but feel a need to make vent larger. As can see in photo small vent in plastic tank. What is best tank fitting once I get old out.

Thanks
Greg

D439DE36-BD3E-427F-8005-4AA6709A51CC.jpeg

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Until Peggie chimes in:

"Uniseal" to replace the old vent fitting on the tank.
Use a thruhull mushroom fitting high up on the hull, not a standard vent fitting.
One inch works great as reported.

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
Until Peggie chimes in:

"Uniseal" to replace the old vent fitting on the tank.
Use a thruhull mushroom fitting high up on the hull, not a standard vent fitting.
One inch works great as reported.
:plus:

And there is no need to remove the old vent. Use it and the new one. The only problem with Uniseal is the shipping costs are usually more than the product cost, but it is still only about $10 in total.

Nov 16, 2012
Catalina 310, 2000, #31 31 Santa Cruz
:plus:

And there is no need to remove the old vent. Use it and the new one. The only problem with Uniseal is the shipping costs are usually more than the product cost, but it is still only about $10 in total.
I bought mine on Amazon...

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
For those who aren't familiar with the Uniseal, the info on their website should help UNISEAL They sell direct and will be happy to answer questions. To connect the vent hose to the tank you only need a piece of PVC pipe about 4-6" long that has a 1" OD (outer diameter) to fit snugly into a 1" hose...which can be #148 flex PVC.
--Peggie