Bunker Carpet, How Much??

Sep 5, 2018
Hunter 170 Northfield, NJ
So I measured my bunkers. They are 36" long and 4" wide.
It appears they used pieces that are about 38" long and 9" wide.

Looking for bunker carpet they seem to be in 2 roll sizes.
12' long by 11" wide
or
18' long by 18" wide

It appears to be a bit cheaper to buy 2 rolls of 12'.

Thoughts and recommendations?
I do have a friend that has marine staples so at least that is covered.

Dec 28, 2015
Laser, Hunter H30 Cherubini Tacoma
I used a outdoor carpet hallway runner from Home depot and cut it in half lengthwise. Worked great.

Sep 24, 2018
O'Day 25 Chicago
I'll second Mike's suggestion and add a bit of advice. Use screws instead of staples. Unless you have some kind of pro grade adjustable pneumatic staple gun dont bother. I've found that most staples will collapse, some will halfway go through the carpet and wood and others will simply fail for other reasons. I have two seasons on the home depot carpet and screws. They still look decent and are holding up well

Sep 5, 2018
Hunter 170 Northfield, NJ
So I ended up with bunker stuff at West Marine on sale. Throw in gas and time it was cheaper to get the stuff from West then travel to the HD/Lowes.

A friend of mine does boat upholstery and had a box of Monel staples and a nice air stapler. The staples were what he bought from a garage sale I told him about with boat upholstery supplies. I have to agree, I have mechanical and electric staplers. I am sold on the air stapler!!!

Turns out 12ft does all 4 nicely.

I was worried about the lag bolts not holding. I tested all the holes and found they pulled down tight in all but one. I glued in a wood splinter in that one.