New bilge pump and wiring

drcov

Jul 7, 2011
Puffin 14 Charleston
1979 Hunter 33, since the fiasco with the self filling head, time to install new pump and wiring The PO was hooking it up whenever he needed to pump out his nasty bilge Is not hooked up and not operating unless he hooked it to a motorcycle battery, STUPID

May 20, 2016
Catalina 36 MK1 94 Everett, WA
Why don’t you propose something - then we poke holes in it. Really wiring a bilge pump is about as simple as it comes. Use good quality heat shrink crimps, an on-off-auto switch. Usually well spelled out in the manual.

Les

drcov

Jul 7, 2011
Puffin 14 Charleston
Why don’t you propose something - then we poke holes in it. Really wiring a bilge pump is about as simple as it comes. Use good quality heat shrink crimps, an on-off-auto switch. Usually well spelled out in the manual.

Les
I know how to hook one up, I have had at least 12 sailboats in my 65 years. Just making a statement.

Oct 6, 2007
Hunter H30 1982 Chicago IL
Fair enough. I’ll make my usual suggestion regarding bilge pumps then. Put the bilge pump on a cycle counter. They are available as a separate device or as part of an on/off/auto switch. If you are away from the boat for extended periods, or even just a few days, an automatic bilge pump can mask a small problem until it becomes a big problem. The counter will tip you off when something is not right. Cheap insurance.