Cutless bearing replacement tool for rent?

Dec 2, 2016
Hunter 38 Sea Bright NJ
Does anyone have this tool, StrutPro, https://strutpro.com/ or the like who would be willing to lend or rent? I have my boat is Sea Bright NJ and am looking to change my cutless bearing on my 2005 Hunter 38 myself. Thanks!

John L

May 6, 2016
Hunter 34 Edgewood, MD
Try weekendr products, Not sure if that is the exact name. Look under Cutlass bearing replacements with my initials JL for a very good post.

May 6, 2010
1984 Oday 39 79 Milwaukee
I just had one made for my boat, I'd be happy to rent it out. It is set up for 1 1/4" shaft and 1 3/4" cutless bearing od. Could probably be adapted for other sizes.
CB tool.jpg

John L

May 6, 2016
Hunter 34 Edgewood, MD
SW, I spoke to Ken at WeekendR Products today. He needs some info to get started: Make and model, size of bearing ( shaft diameter), when it was changed last, where is the boat located and in salt or fresh water, or on the hard, and when you plan on doing the work. He will supply the bearing you need and the tools to do it, and can be done without removing the shaft. His email is WeekendRProducts@aol.com and phone is 716-864-0012. Hope this helps. John.

Dec 2, 2016
Hunter 38 Sea Bright NJ
Hi John, Thanks for looking into that for me. I was able to find his info and reached out to him the other day via email. I appreciate your help.

Steve

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
My brother in law made one for me, based on the measurements I gave him.
He has a machine shop and does great work.

Greg