Thru Hulls

drcov

Jul 7, 2011
Puffin 14 Charleston
Really stupid question. New owner of 1979 Hunter 33. Where is the thru hull located for head Someone entered boat and left the head on wet bowl and got water in cabin Want to cut off access to outside water when I am not around.

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
If ya put a vented loop in the line that goes from the pump to the bowl, ya won't have that problem again.. The top of the vented loop should be above the heeled waterline.. Jabsco head literature shows this. I think the instructions are in the "General Download" section ..

Nov 30, 2015
Hunter 1978 H30 Cherubini, Treman Marina, Ithaca, NY
My 1978 H30 has a thru-hull in the port side locker in the v-berth.

Oct 6, 2007
Hunter H30 1982 Chicago IL
It’s smart to close all the seacocks anytime you leave the boat. If it’s original, you’ll probably find that it’s a gate valve, and if it hasn’t been operated regularly, it may be frozen in the open position. Either way, it should be replaced with a ball valve. The anti-siphon loop is a good idea too for when you are heeling and the valve is open, also as backup for when you forget to close the seacock. As you discovered, you don’t want to depend only on the wet/dry lever on the head.

As for the location, mine is also on the port side under the v-berth, but I also have an H-30, so I may not be of much help there. Just follow the hose and it’s probably not far from the head. If you find the thru-hull is somewhere not easily reached, you may need to relocate it to where the seacock can be conveniently used as intended.

Last edited: