Making steady progress and new question

Jan 29, 2019
O'day 25 Virginia
How is everyone's projects coming, we've been working like dogs and have gotten a bit a head of schedule (for now).
Interior roughly 90 % complete just have a few pieces of wall covering still to do and a bunch of smaller projects, new lighting installed. This weekend Ill reinstall the backrests and hopefully get to the chainplates.
I am happy to report we have "dry boat" 2 massive rain storms and the only leak i found is from a tiny hole in the lazarette cover which has since been repaired 4 straight days of rain and wind and I maybe got a pint of water in the bilge and that is being generous
I decided it was going to be easier to just upload the pictures to a wix website but here are a few from our progress, if you would care to take a look, here is the address.
Question is this, I have read the recommendations on anchors but what are Yall using for anchor systems and length of chain and rode
http://bigjkandris.wixsite.com/outofreach

Cheers,

Attachments

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Nice work JK... Real progress. I almost feel ashamed... I'm heading to the boat tomorrow for a couple of days of Projects and a training day on Radar... More likely "ReTraining" Get to loose bad habits.

Jan 29, 2019
O'day 25 Virginia
Thank you I appreciate it. I just cant stop working on it. I want it ready to go by the end of April for sea trials/shakedown. I intend to move it to a marina that has much better access to the Chesapeake bay. Currently its a half day motoring before I have enough water to even think about sailing. Ahh yes bad habits of which i have many lol.

Oct 22, 2014
What part of Virginia. I had the opportunity to live on NAS Norfolk and work/sail out of the Special Services basin. The whole Southend of the bay was my play ground.

Jan 29, 2019
O'day 25 Virginia
Nice. Currently its in Hopewell. Ill more than likely be in Reedville or Lancaster county, (home territory) still working out the details on the marina but when we bring her around I intend to stop in Hampton or Norfolk for the night and then hit the bay part in the morning.

Oct 22, 2014
There Rappahannock River may have some spots that could serve your needs if you want to be in the South bay.

Jan 29, 2019
O'day 25 Virginia
Exactly. I grew up on Rap so she truly is my home waters. Fished it, Crabbed it, Oystered it, Etc. Im looking at either Chesapeake Boat Basin, Yankee Point Marina, or another in Reedville that the name evades me at the moment

Oct 22, 2014
My last adventure there was in 1969, but it was fun times. Flounder for lunch after catching some bait sunspots then filet strips. The flounder loved them.

May 20, 2016
Catalina 36 MK1 94 Everett, WA
In response to your Anchor question I have 120’ of 5/16 G4 and 250’ of 5/8 8-plait. The plaited line is a bit more $$ than 3 strand but coils so nicely in the locker, and grips the gipsy almost like chain. I know people hate swivels but I have the Mantus swivel which works well and is very strong. I also have the Mantus bridal, haven’t had it on the 8-plait yet but I like the ride using a bridal with lots of rubber. (Can you guess what anchor brand??). This is for a 36’ boat.

Les

Jan 29, 2019
O'day 25 Virginia
Nor do I want to start one. Just curious. This sounds alike the glock v/s 1911 debate which I am also not touching. lol