The dogs of SBO, 2019 edition

SFS

Aug 18, 2015
Currently Boatless Okinawa
Post #9, a beautiful horse and rider jumping a rail nicely, but not riding a pony on a boat.
Ok. On my computer, post 9 in this thread is from TomY and has no horse pictures. What gives?

Tom J

Sep 30, 2008
Catalina 310 Quincy, MA
Ok. On my computer, post 9 in this thread is from TomY and has no horse pictures. What gives?
On my computer, post #9 is the horse and rider, TomY is post #11. Have you been nice to your computer? I always say the computers do whatever they want to nowadays.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Have you been nice to your computer? I always say the computers do whatever they want to nowadays.
There was a famous horse trainer, Monty Roberts, who, when asked how he got a horse to do what he wanted it to do, answered, "I always give them a choice. I just make it easier to choose what I want." It is like that for computers too, I think.

-Will (Dragonfly)

SFS

Aug 18, 2015
Currently Boatless Okinawa
...Have you been nice to your computer? I always say the computers do whatever they want to nowadays.
Ok, this is weird. Last night, when I wrote "on my computer..." I was actually on my phone, and counting post numbers manually, because they don't appear on my phone. I am now on my actual computer, a three week old Lenovo running windows 10 and I'm in Chrome.

@Phil Herring - Does the following represent a glitch in the system? Your original post in this thread is numbered 2. There is no post with the number "1". I find that odd. However, it gets more odd. The next post, by MaineSail, is also numbered "2". (The numbers appear at the end of each post, at the right-hand end of the poster's signature line. Wasn't there a time when post numbers were at the TOP right corner of a post?)

Then things get really strange. I see posts numbered 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7 (#7 is by Jackdaw), then posts 8 and 9 are missing. The posts start again at #10, which was written by KVNJR. If posts 8 and 9 were written by people that I have on "Ignore" status, I can see how I would lose posts (I am supposed to), but in the past those rare posts have simply omitted the content, not the "placeholder" and there has been a note saying something like "Ignored Content" and an option to see that content if I want. Has the system changed?

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
I was actually on my phone, and counting post numbers manually, because they don't appear on my phone.
I post mostly from my phone and always wondered how people knew what post number to refer to. Then, I turned my phone sideways once and the post number shows up when display turns to landscape from portrait orientation.

-Will (Dragonfly)