Les and John’s 2019 EXTREME Winter Cruise

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Yes that's was me up there testing the shrouds and being rail-meat while Ward watches the helm and takes pictures.

One of our less stressful moments.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2014
Wish we had scheduled a visit to Anacortes. It is on our next route. Provided Terry can get the Swing Bridge operator to open it.

Got a call from Terry yesterday. He was heading across Rosario Strait to Friday Harbor. Had his mouth watering for a burger at Haley’s.

Hope your S2 is ready for spring. There is a lot of sailing ahead.

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
Provided Terry can get the Swing Bridge operator to open it.
Sheesh John, it was open yesterday when I passed through. The operator was nowhere in sight, as I could have made the appropriate arrangements with a Jack Daniels, or a Black Label perhaps.

On a side note, unsure why you chose "Sails Call Lounge" for this very nice thread, but would it fit better over on "Pacific Northwest Cruisers"? Just sayin.

Oct 22, 2014
So true. It was an epic Pacific Northwest Sail. But as Les shared Phil H could not stop talking about the numbers of views the thread received.

It is an indication the thread was one of the most viewed in recent times with over 4,000 views. For sure the Boat Babe is the all time champion with over 1.3 million. Just can not compete with sex.

It looks like the most recent thread was in 2015 that had more views then the "2019 Extreme Winter Cruise. Who knew, you do crazy things folks like to watch.

Jan 5, 2017
Beneteau First 38 Lyall Harbour Saturna Island
Not fast enough.
As we are not planning to start our summer trip until 1st of may it's soon enough for us. Still a little work to finish up on the boat but getting close! Planning is ALMOST as much fun as going!

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
I'm too busy getting a bunch of burnings done for the Made in New Hampshire Expo this weekend. If Winter ends to soon, I'll just feel depressed.
I did manage to get three coats of TotalProtect on my CB a couple of weeks ago. I still need about 7 more.

I hope Winter lets you guys sail? Though. So far, no blossoms here.

-Will (Dragonfly)

Jan 5, 2017
Weather here can't quite make up it's mind Will. Up into the sixties tomorrow then back to the 40's later in the week. Spring!? At least it's sunny and the boat work is progressing. Those signs look great!

Jan 5, 2017
Uuuummmm... Maybe for the street address sign? Haveta see how that works.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Thanks for the compliments guys.
Can you compete with CNC laser engravers?
I don't know yet. I'm thinking it's like selling organic free range heritage turkeys vs the grocery store broad breasted turkeys. The value is in the philosophy and the attitude. My art is one-of-a-kind. I can repeat a picture, but it won't be the same. No two will ever be identical. I don't know what the laser CNCs have for limitations, shading, shapes to burn on... Their art has to come from somewhere too.

-Will (Dragonfly)