Hell freezes over

Apr 7, 2016
Beneteau First 305 Seward, Alaska
you either have to back something up with a reference or give your credentials on why you dont have to come up with references.
I love it when someone starts a sentence with, “Well, I’m not a scientist, but I think...” I continue the sentence in my mind with “I should keep my baseless opinions to myself.” Global warming always seems to be a hot topic but it applies to al aspects of life. The world would be a much happier place where we can all just enjoy sailing on a sailing forum...⛵

May 25, 2012
john alden caravelle 42 sturgeon bay, wis
driver in front
enclosed cockpit
the course was two way then averaged
a sailor named buddy melges with his buds ran the speed trap
buddy built my Ascow, arranged the sale for me to get a nice used speedster
running in the dirt ain't never keeping up with running on ice, that's right , i said it :)

Jul 27, 2011
Bavaria 38E Alamitos Bay
I love it when someone starts a sentence with, “Well, I’m not a scientist, but I think...” I continue the sentence in my mind with “I should keep my baseless opinions to myself.” Global warming always seems to be a hot topic but it applies to al aspects of life. The world would be a much happier place where we can all just enjoy sailing on a sailing forum...⛵
Hard to conceive a sailor’s forum where the sailors are barred from talking about, or discussing, the weather and the reasons for it b/c someone might become offended. The world we live in today:frown:.

walt

Jun 1, 2007
Macgregor 26S Hobie TI Ridgway Colorado

sister photo

This is a modern E skeeter and they will get up to around 100 mph. More remarkable is that they can get up near 10X the wind speed when the wind is very light (like 50 mph in a 5 mph wind).

That supposedly ice boat record was from 1938 and the boat was the stern-steerer Debutaunte and it would have looked more similar to the one in the picture below

Apr 7, 2016
Hard to conceive a sailor’s forum where the sailors are barred from talking about, or discussing, the weather and the reasons for it b/c someone might become offended. The world we live in today:frown:.
I’m just joking... well mostly. I live in Alaska where we are hoping for a little more “global warming”

Feb 20, 2011
Island Packet 35 Tucson, AZ/San Carlos, MX
If it's mans carbon footprint causing global warming, what caused the ice age to come and go? dinosaur farts perhaps?
Welp, besides the methane, there's volcanism and impacts with space stuff.

TomY

Alden Forum Moderator
Jun 22, 2004
Alden 38' Challenger yawl Rockport Harbor
prefrontal here, 36 degs sunny, sweet :)
36F here too, west facing front door open, bright sun streaming through the storm door. Pellet stove is off for a few hours (good to hear the silence, finally).

Heat pump loves 36F, 68F coming out at %300 efficiency. Agreed - Sweet. :) Spring, what's the hurry?

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
Remember we do have a "Weather and Forecasting" forum. And Phil added a simple, but handy APP to the top of the page for checking on local conditions.

This has been unusual Winter since El Niño never started last year.

Since I am not a Global Sailor or don't expect to be here in 30+Years, Global long term weather issues are pointless for me to discuss. My interest are for about 8 months.;)

The best forecasting today is about 10 days.:rolleyes:

Weather is always on a Sailors mind...

Dammit...
Jim...

WayneH

Jan 22, 2008
Tartan 37 287 Pensacola, FL
For me, Spring is officially here. This morning, we heard the Whooping Cranes headed north to Canada. We live about 140 miles north of their wintering grounds in Aransas National Wildlife Refuge. So they weren't out feeding. And it was real foggy this morning so they came over about treetop high and loud.

Jul 27, 2011
Bavaria 38E Alamitos Bay
Yeah, Spring comes early in FL. By now they're manuring the residential lawns in St. Petersburg in anticipation of the spring-time growth season.:dancing: I can almost smell it from here; at least the memory of it!!

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Guys. guys... guys... I just asked if I could equate the two theories... A simple yes or no or maybe would do...
Kumbaya... lets all drink a coke cola and share a moment on a hill in Italy....

Speaking of Hell Freezing over and CO2

Apr 7, 2016
Guys. guys... guys... I just asked if I could equate the two theories... A simple yes or no or maybe would do...
Kumbaya... lets all drink a coke cola and share a moment on a hill in Italy....

Speaking of Hell Freezing over and CO2
Lol, even coke can’t stop lave flow. Stay in school...