eBay score

Feb 5, 2009
Gloucester 20 Kanawha River, Winfield, WV
I was browsing random boat stuff on eBay this morning and saw a 1987 Evinrude Yachtwin 4 advertised at $295. On a lark, I clicked the make-offer button and offered $200 and the seller immediately accepted. I already have a 90s Yamaha 4 that's perfectly adequate, but the two-cylinder johnnyrude should be a little less vibraty and is period-correct for my 86 Gloucester 20. I'm paying $130 shipping, but I still think I did alright.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
Insure the shipment if you can. I bought a 9.9 Merc on EBay and it arrived damaged. The seller just strapped it to a pallet. The seller made good on it but you never know.
I sold a 5hp Nissan on Ebay, but I was able to obtain an empty outboard shipping box from a local Marine shop. The buyer in Canada was impressed. He actually had me ship it to upstate NY because it was cheaper. I used DHL.

Feb 5, 2009
Gloucester 20 Kanawha River, Winfield, WV
The seller just strapped it to a pallet.
Mine was packed well, but fedex managed to break the lifting handle and a small piece off the tip of the skeg anyway. The seller refunded $75, which I think is fair. I'll probably have to fabricate something to replace the handle, since the original plastic part doesn't seem to be available anywhere.