Hunter 50CC 2010 Entertainment System

Jun 3, 2011
Hunter 50cc St Petersburg FL
Hi Everyone, I’ve recently purchased a Hunter 50 CC 2010. Unfortunately it’s curently in storage in a boatyard in St Petersburg, FL and I’m in Kansas City, trying to liquidate our stuff to move aboard. My question is, does anyone have the model number of the Bose Lifestyle system and the Upstar TV that came standard in the 2010 model year. Marlow Hunter’s web site doesn’t have legacy documentation on boats older than 2011. I’m wanting to locate manufactures PDF Manuals to see their capabilities and specs. I have a suspicion that the Bose System doesen’t support HDMI, and unsure of the features of the TV. Any information on system upgrades are appreciated, I have a hunch my HDMI accessories may not work directly with the Bose, such as Chromecast BluRay and Fire Stick.

Jun 1, 2009
Hunter 49 toronto
Hi Everyone, I’ve recently purchased a Hunter 50 CC 2010. Unfortunately it’s curently in storage in a boatyard in St Petersburg, FL and I’m in Kansas City, trying to liquidate our stuff to move aboard. My question is, does anyone have the model number of the Bose Lifestyle system and the Upstar TV that came standard in the 2010 model year. Marlow Hunter’s web site doesn’t have legacy documentation on boats older than 2011. I’m wanting to locate manufactures PDF Manuals to see their capabilities and specs. I have a suspicion that the Bose System doesen’t support HDMI, and unsure of the features of the TV. Any information on system upgrades are appreciated, I have a hunch my HDMI accessories may not work directly with the Bose, such as Chromecast BluRay and Fire Stick.
It’s a Bose Lifestyle 18
There is no HDMI on it.
It has composite output, but you need an adapter cable to achieve that
Then you can get a composite to dvi adapter.
You’ll need to feed the audio separately

Jun 3, 2011
Thanks Artboas for the info, that as I had expected... Di you know anything about the TV make and model?

Jun 3, 2011
@Sloopsail816 go back to the link provided, under "vender manuals" both the Bose and the Sole TV's are there
Thanks DayDreamer41, I saw the SOLE manaual and downloaded it, my Bose is different than the one that is in the documentation directory.. the Bose 3-2-1 listed there is a 3 speaker model and mine in the 5.1. I was able to download the Lifestyle 18 manual directly from Bose.. I have a hunch the previous owner may have replaced the TV, on my Survey it listed the TV as an UPSTAR but the documentation on Hunter Site referred to a SOLE, I probably will have to wait until I travel back to the boat to figure that one out. I got a good idea on the Bose website to integrate HDMI devices.. They said to connect them directly to the TV HDMI port and run the audio from the TV Via Toslink back to the amplifier.

Jun 1, 2009
Hunter 49 toronto
Ok
Here is another option
Bose has an add-on , called a VS-2, which will give you HDMI from a lifestyle 18
This is obsolete, and you can buy it for about $100 on eBay
I’ve never tested this, so good luck

Jun 3, 2011
Ok
Here is another option
Bose has an add-on , called a VS-2, which will give you HDMI from a lifestyle 18
This is obsolete, and you can buy it for about $100 on eBay
I’ve never tested this, so good luck
Thanks, I just discovered the Bose VS-2 option, that looks like a good solution. I’m giving it thought. Thanks everyone for the input

Oct 29, 2016
Hunter 41 DS Port Huron
Our Sapphire is a 2007 model, I am not certain of the TV's manufacture, I will be down at the boat on Saturday I will have a look and let you know. I have several projects underway, cold as it may be I want her ready when those warm days of spring finally arrive.

EDIT: Found a picture and it appears that the TV is manufactured by INSIGNIA

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2011
Our Sapphire is a 2007 model, I am not certain of the TV's manufacture, I will be down at the boat on Saturday I will have a look and let you know. I have several projects underway, cold as it may be I want her ready when those warm days of spring finally arrive.

Thanks! I’m sure it isn’t the best weather for working up in your area!!!

Oct 29, 2016
Hunter 41 DS Port Huron
No the weather does get rather cold and its takes awhile for the cabin to heat up, I purchased a propane powered Mr Big Buddy heater for working in the winter.

Sep 20, 2006
Hunter 33 Georgian Bay, Ontario, Canada

I don't think the Insignia was original. My H33 had a Sole (?) 12 v tv which was small and very bulky which was common at the time. I bought an Insignia 27 and then a 36 as they have the 120v to 12v external brick. I cut off the brick and direct wire to the 12v, but it was a newer tv.

Oct 29, 2016
Hunter 41 DS Port Huron
@Scott B I know ours oddly enough is plugged into an inverter under the Port side settee, I have never checked the output voltage of the TV's power supply but I am betting its 12 volt, which leads to the question, why have an inverter feeding a power supply. As for whether original, it certainly looks to be of that vintage, but I couldn't tell for certain, I do know its a very small screen for the size of the set compared to today's sets, I am thinking a 24" would fit in the same footprint as what is there now.

Jun 15, 2012
BAVARIA C57 Greenport, NY
Sloopsail, you can purchase an inexpensive "component" to HDMI converter on Ebay or Amazon for around $ 20.00. I use one on my 41DS as I installed a new TV which required an HDMI input. Congrats on your new 50CC! Where do you plan on keeping it in St. Pete, I am at Harborage.
Daydreamer, original factory installation small TV on port side required 120 ac to operate. Factory installed inverter so TV could operate on any boat off 12 volts. Not all boats left factory with whole boat inverter or generator.

Feb 8, 2014
Columbia 36 Muskegon

That's BestBuy's house brand. You can get any info you need from them. I have two of thier Roku TV's. Pretty good for an inexpensive set.