322 trash can

Jan 20, 2019
O,Day 322 Fort Pierce
I need to find a trash can to fit in the space intended for one, anyone have the measurements?
I’d measure mine but to lazy to make a three hour drive to do it ha ha

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
I am nowhere near my boat for the next 2 weeks, but can check for you when I get back. I need to check the boat anyway because o make sure the cover is still in place after a snow storm blows through.

If you haven’t got the answer by then, will measure for you.

Greg

Jan 20, 2019
O,Day 322 Fort Pierce
Thanks, we are supposed to go get her and bring her home this weekend if this crazy weather settles down.

Jan 2, 2017
O'Day & Islander 322 & 37 Scottsdale, AZ & Owls Head, ME
I’ll measure mine today and let you know.
Nice sailing weather down here: high of 71.

Jan 2, 2017
O'Day & Islander 322 & 37 Scottsdale, AZ & Owls Head, ME
You’re welcome, Paul. I took a look at it today on the boat. While the width and depth measurements are perfect, if you want a somewhat larger bin you could go with one up to 6” taller than the one I bought. Good luck.

Jan 7, 2011
You’re welcome, Paul. I took a look at it today on the boat. While the width and depth measurements are perfect, if you want a somewhat larger bin you could go with one up to 6” taller than the one I bought. Good luck.
Yeah, the Amazon link looked smaller than what I have on mine. I use kitchen trash bags in mine, not vanity size.

Greg

Feb 22, 2010
Oday 322 Delaware River
Photo Feb 02, 1 07 04 PM.jpg
Photo Feb 02, 1 07 31 PM.jpg
Photo Feb 02, 1 08 02 PM.jpg
Photo Feb 02, 1 08 22 PM.jpg
Photo Feb 02, 1 10 51 PM.jpg
I had trouble finding a plastic bin that was anywhere near the right size, so I custom built a box out of okume thin plywood, just a tad smaller than the footprint of the swing out base, and just smaller than the maximum height when it swings out. Love it and it gives maximum capacity, I put a kitchen trash bag in it, which is a little bigger than the capacity. ( It is the 13 gallon size).
Below are pictures. The dimensions are: 11 3/4" x 6 3/4" base. The height is taller near the latch and shorter in the back of the big to accommodate canting it in for closure. The height is 18" tall in the front, and 16" tall in the back.
I often put in a coffee cup to hold the bin half-open while I am preparing a meal.

It took me one afternoon to make it with a table saw, some wood glue and some screws. It came out nice.

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2011
Not sure if the OP still needs the dimensions for the garbage can...

I went out to the boat to check on her mand grabbed some measurements for my trash can.

Top is 8”x14”

Bottom is about 7”x13”

I forgot to measure the height...but in the picture, you can see I have plenty of room...

I use a tall kitchen trash bag in the can.

IMG_0067.JPG

Greg

Jan 20, 2019
O,Day 322 Fort Pierce
Yeah we finally got a can for it, we went over and got the boat and did the four day trip two weekends ago, been having health issues and haven’t felt like being on the web.