Wolf Moon

Sep 30, 2013
1988 Catalina 22 North Florida
We're hoping for clear skies here too! I just got a new pair of binoculars from Santa, hoping for a good look at this event!

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
We will be watching from Baton Rouge too. Should be a fine night for viewing, but a bit chilly.

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
I'm on the oceanfront in Delaware- a great view right down to the horizon. 2 days ago, the moon was big and bright- a good advertisement for tonight. Moonrise 4:43 EST.

May 25, 2012
john alden caravelle 42 sturgeon bay, wis
-5 here tonight, but with clear skys. thanks for the head's up

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Oregon has returned to Oregon Winter Weather. Rain, Overcast cloud layers, Rain, and Damp.... Freezing temps... Fireplace weather.
No Howling at the moon for us. Hot Toddy or Butter Rum on tap and the game...

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
-5 here tonight, but with clear skys. thanks for the head's up
We are expecting -5 as the low. Currently, it is zero. (That's in town. Here, on the hill, it's usually 3 degrees colder). I've got my four layers on already from snow blowing and shoveling at Stone's Throw, our AirBnB rental, so I'm good for viewing the red moon. We have coyotes, not wolves, but they can make a racket yipping and howling at each other.

-Will (Dragonfly)

FDL S2

Jun 29, 2014
S2 7.3 Fond du Lac
We are expecting -5 as the low. Currently, it is zero. (That's in town. Here, on the hill, it's usually 3 degrees colder). I've got my four layers on already from snow blowing and shoveling at Stone's Throw, our AirBnB rental, so I'm good for viewing the red moon. We have coyotes, not wolves, but they can make a racket yipping and howling at each other.

-Will (Dragonfly)
-7 here, but clear skies and no wind. Coyotes were going nuts down the hill from me when I just went out to look at the eclipse. It's big and beautiful and about a 1/5 eclipse now

Mar 31, 2013
O'day 23 Pa
-19C with wind chill ( 20+ MPH winds)
Tears from my 8 year old, asking why Santa bought him a a wonderful 12" Dobsidian if we don't go outside and use it.
Trying to explain that whilst the naked 8 year old don't feel the cold, the 48 year year old wearing every damn thing he owns and is still freezing his meat and veg off, didn't go well.
Roll on spring when I can be a hero again.

FDL S2

Jun 29, 2014
S2 7.3 Fond du Lac
-19C with wind chill ( 20+ MPH winds)
Tears from my 8 year old, asking why Santa bought him a a wonderful 12" Dobsidian if we don't go outside and use it.
Trying to explain that whilst the naked 8 year old don't feel the cold, the 48 year year old wearing every damn thing he owns and is still freezing his meat and veg off, didn't go well.
Roll on spring when I can be a hero again.
No way I would be out here now if it was that windy...

May 25, 2012
john alden caravelle 42 sturgeon bay, wis
really clear here. it's red. never seen this before. -2 out

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
It was clear up until just before the full eclipse, then it started to cloud over.
:cool:

-Will (Dragonfly)

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
We had really good viewing .. I watched until 11:15 local .. fully red by that time.. I see that it made it back to full bright this morning..

DaveJ

Apr 2, 2013
Catalina 310 Niagara-on-the-Lake
No sighting here in Southern Ontario, -19 and cloudy.
dj

Sep 30, 2013
1988 Catalina 22 North Florida
It was beautiful here in central FL. I think a front went through yesterday, leaving the sky very clear, if comparatively cold. We bundled up for the bone chilling 40F and braved the outdoors to go see the thing.

It was certainly worth doing. Won't see anything like that again for a long time, if ever. My new Steiners were wonderful. :)

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
I watched it at 15-minute intervals. The waning red moon with a sliver of white coming out was really neat. Very clear and bright, so if I never see it again, I will remember.

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
It was the brightest night in my memory. Clear skies completely from the earlier cold front that move through.
No more USA eclipses this year.:(
Jim...

PS: I am sure the web is full of time lapse viewing.