Merry Christmas

Mar 31, 2013
O'day 23 Pa
Merry Christmas to one and all!
I've just finished rebuilding the Diff of a Traxxas Stampede for my 8 year old boy, we destroyed it earlier.
Likely the last Christmas he believes, we enter the gap years, I hope to live long enough that he goes full circle and becomes Santa.
Kinda sad, well no, very sad actually..
Not missing the true spirit, but as a father, I see the pure joy of it all fading, entering the hard work,lol
Makes me and the wife want to buy a puppy :)
Merry Christmas and a blessed ,safe and (please god DOW up, new year) to all of you.

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
Merry Christmas from Wisconsin to all my fellow SBOers!..QUOTE]

FDL, your "Dog at the Ditch" reminds me of the song "Moon River"... wider than a mile. That ditch may not be a mile, but it might as well be... that's one giant leap for dogkind. May all your tribulations be surmountable, and when you finally cross to the other side, it will have been a good trip.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Morning Mayhem. 8 is a great age. You may have a couple more years. There is a period that they want to believe but are barraged with the sharing of news that tests the imagination. Keep them wondering. One idea is to get a friend to show up in a Santa suit and have a chat. It may keep the magic happening for a year or two.

The work is not really as hard as it seems. Just keep the faith and you’ll be surprised. Having a hobby that you can share is a wonderful idea. Your little one will take on more and more of the projects. Remote cars are the stepping stone to an auto rebuild. And the loss of a garage.... You have so much to enjoy.

And yes.. Let’s keep good thoughts about the market.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Nice Christmas Picture on the water Terry. Looks balmy.. You sure it is Christmas up there?

Oct 26, 2008
Catalina 320 Barnegat, NJ
That Springer is probably just looking for the best place to climb out on the other side before taking a plunge. I never met a Springer that doesn't love the water … in any season! But that ditch would be a barrier for me! The dog may be waiting for FDL to make a decision. :biggrin:

FDL S2

Jun 29, 2014
S2 7.3 Fond du Lac
That Springer is probably just looking for the best place to climb out on the other side before taking a plunge. I never met a Springer that doesn't love the water … in any season! But that ditch would be a barrier for me! The dog may be waiting for FDL to make a decision. :biggrin:
He doesn't wait for me to decide for him-he just goes! No way I was going to cross that-its about 4' deep there and the temp was 25. He swam over, hunted the other side then swam back.

This is my 2nd Springer and I tell people they're divining rods, because if there is water anywhere they will find it.