Plywood bilge covers

Dec 23, 2010
catilina 36 abacos, bahamas
anyone have a source for the plywood bilge covers - there’s 2 - one over the bilge and another over the stuffing box in front of the sink - 30 ft - 1992 - thanks

May 7, 2011
C - 30 # 3573 Lake NormanNC formerly Bflo NY
Try CP Marine Woodwork in CA.
Cesar P was the lead carpenter who supplied CTY interiors before H & L Marine ceased to exist. Otherwise there’s locations to purchase sheets of teak plywood. Or make it from Starboard.

Jimski

May 20, 2015
Catalina 30 Seabrook
The original on my boat was stained pine. When it broke I made a new one from an old mahogany church pew. Looks great.

If you dont have any church pews laying about then you should be able to use mahogany or teak or any other rot-resistant hardwood. Since the original was pine I suppose that would work as well but I would be reluctant to deliberately put pine on a boat. Marine plywood would be fine as well. Regardless of what you use, sand and seal the wood. Starboard would be a great alternative, though solid gold might be cheaper.

May 7, 2011
C - 30 # 3573 Lake NormanNC formerly Bflo NY
BT,
You might call CTY parts department. Nothing like going back to the horse. If they don't have any for that year, they might fab one for you.