TV mount on bulkhead

Dec 1, 2018
Beneteau Oceanis 40 Valetta
Hi. I am planning to fix a 32inch tv on bulkhead of my 2007 Oceanis 40. The problem is, the forward head is just on the other side of the bulkhead and I am not able to through bolt the tv mount. Any suggestions about how to fix it?

Mar 29, 2017
Hunter 30t 9805 littlecreek
I gather the Bulk Head is wood or a substantial substance. You can use glue or epoxy to take load as well as real short wood screws. Or spread load over large area by attaching TV bracket to a sheet of aluminum or ply then glue and screw (with real short screws again) to bulk head

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
... the forward head is just on the other side of the bulkhead and I am not able to through bolt the tv mount. ...QUOTE]

Bolt it with acorn nuts on washers in the head side. I like to make dual-use things whenever possible, so maybe put a towel hook or bar under that nut?

Jun 21, 2004
Beneteau 343 Slidell, LA
All of the above ideas are good ones; however, you won’t be able to conceal power, antenna, and accessory cables. I was fortunate that the bulkhead on which my TV was mounted was adjacent to a locker in the adjacent “V” berth. All wiring was routed thru the locker and is totally concealed. Any possibility of modifying your plans and mounting to a more accessible location?

Sep 24, 2018
O'Day 25 Chicago
Modern TV's aren't very heavy. I have one on a stand I built. The base of the stand is 3/4 plywood with a floor flange bolted to it with lag bolts and a 4' or longer pipe attaches to that. The TV is mounted to the pipe with a conduit clamp. I have several of these stands and they hold up well. My point is that they don't require much to hold up. Use 6-8 short screws or lag bolts. I can recommend the mount below. It does have some side to side slack that can be removed by putting a screw through the mount as a stopper

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FB4PPC4

Last edited: