PEX size & fittings

Sep 24, 2016
Hunter 33 Kingston
Hi All,
What is the standard used on the Hunter 45 2010 for PEX? can fittings be found at home depot?
Thanks

Jan 12, 2011
Hunter 410 full time cruiser
I don't know. But my 410 uses 15mm fittings and I have never seen them in home depot or lowes.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2010
Hunter 38 Whitehall MI
Typically 15 mm and I’ve found the metric sizes are not usually carried at hardware or home improvement stores.
Defender carries it as I’m sure others do. Perhaps right here on SBO site.

Some years ago I installed a water heater bypass and that came in English measurements. Defender carried the English to metric adapters I needed to make that an easy install.

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
Hi All,
What is the standard used on the Hunter 45 2010 for PEX? can fittings be found at home depot?
Thanks
Hi Boby, our 1991 P42 potable water system was built with Zern Qest PEX 1/2" material. Still available online but no big box store carries the stuff. Your boat might use a different material. Other than a broken fitting, our system has held up well. A sample product here:

https://www.amazon.com/Zurn-Pex-QE3...A3HRHZSWEJD&psc=1&refRID=M5QZETTQNA3HRHZSWEJD

May 7, 2012
Hunter e33 Maple Bay, BC
Hi All,
Thanks
15mm either Whale or Sea Tech (Watts) will fit. You can pick them up at Marine Outfitters, 4033 Bath Rd, Kingston, ON, Canada

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
I glance at the Sharkbite catalog and didn't see any metric parts. The adapters mentioned previously might be an easy way to use Sharkbites. Otherwise you may have to obtain a crimp tool.
I love PEX. All of my home remodeling is done with it. Also nice to incorporate manifolds and valves, but be sure there's no risk of trapping water that might freeze.

splax

Nov 12, 2012
Hunter 34 Portsmouth
I replaced that nasty soft gray Quest mess with PEX throughout my boat acouple years ago. Shark bite fittings are a great improvement over compression fittings. Home Depot carries the Shark Bite fittings and you should be able to order anything that is available through them. Don't worry too much about matching the existing size, as long as you avoid leaks.