One summer night... or many?

JerryA

Oct 17, 2004
Tanzer 29 Jeanneau Design Sandusky Bay, Lake Erie
I didn't get as many miles on the lake as I usually do. But, I got out about every other weekend and made the most of it. Here's a couple pictures of Lady Jane. On a ball at PIB for the weekend and tied up to the wall in Huron for pizza beer and nap.

JerryA

Attachments

Pat

Jun 7, 2004
Oday 272LE Ninnescah Yacht Club, Wichita, Ks.
We bought our boat in 1986 and I think it is likely that we sailed less than 5 times this year so far.....It looks like the end of the sailing to me. It has been a grand time however, but things just happen that interfere with our plans...nearly every time we get to the boat we end up doing anything but sailing.....Maybe next year, but
it is looking less likely. A sad refrain. Patrick

Oct 3, 2014
Marlow-Hunter MH37 Lake City, MN
We're on an inland lake on the Mississippi River so our adventures are limited unless we want to motor beyond the lake (which I have NO interest in doing), but we did have a memorable summer, our third season as sailors.

We got out on the water 18 times, which matches our season high from season high from our first summer.

The most memorable moment was pulling a drunk out of the water at 1 am. He was visiting a person docked near us at the marina and fell off the dock.

The highlights of the year were watching fireworks while at anchor, our first overnight anchoring, and sharing sunsets with our guests.

The one lowlight I can think of is finding that our water tank was leaking and having to pay someone to replace. Had I taken it on myself, we would have lost too much sailing time.

IMG_20180704_221809581.jpg

Enjoying some wine before our first overnight on the hook.

IMG_20180817_202954298.jpg

A few twinkle lights after dark
IMG_20180817_212835002_BURST000_COVER.jpg

Good friends, this must have been after we grilled dinner and were just hanging out, watching the sun slowly drop
IMG_20180721_193104210_HDR.jpg

I'll never get tires of sunsets.
IMG_20180903_135611_327.jpg

RussC

Sep 11, 2015
Merit 22- Oregon lakes
We didn't get out near enough this season. mostly due to my wife illness, and the many forest fires around the area. 16 days on the water, with four 3 day trips. even retired there aren't enough days in the year. The ones we did have were great however, and we've never spent a day on the water we didn't like :) .
P1060083.jpg
P1060099.jpg

Oct 3, 2014
Marlow-Hunter MH37 Lake City, MN
I'm with you but I like sunrise as well.
Very nice! We stayed up too late and slept through sunrise Next time!

I did thoroughly enjoy making and drinking coffee in the morning at anchor Unfortunately I forgot the eggs in my truck so no breakfast

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Yes. A beautiful beginning to a 9 hr cruise to Port Townsend. It ended with this picture taken just as I came past Point Wilson before sunset.
94B362D5-0409-47D4-A0C1-633CAB02BCAE.jpeg

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Bilge keels on a Hunter Passage 42 would be very unusual. I figured it must be a wing keel but I am sure you must be correct.
That's what I thought too. The line drawing seems to show a wing. But I honestly can't be sure. Either way, she was pretty steady on the muddy bottom in her slip.

-Will (Dragonfly)

Sep 25, 2018
Catalina Capri 22 Capri EXPO 14.2 1282 Stony Point
I've only sailed solo since taking sailing lessons in 1986. Wherever I went I rented a boat from the local sailing school and learned hands on what not to do. Never found myself in the drink. For the last 11 years I sailed my Hunter 23.5 on the Hudson river every weekend from June to October. My time away from civilization. Put the Hunter away for the last time as I await my Capri 22. A bit faster than the Hunter and I hope more stable with a real keel.

The admiral rarely joins me as she is more interested in getting somewhere than the process of doing so. My only passenger these days is my dog Teddy. He loves barking at the gulls on the nav aids. I have been working on the Hudson since 1970 so I know every shallow and odd current. The mountains along the highlands make for some challenging wind patterns that make every sail a new experience. Hope I can go further in the Capri to get up River and maybe see Hershey in the mid-Hudson area. Need two days for that. Perhaps stay over at Chelsea and experience their hospitality and trade Hudson river stories.

RNC725

Sep 25, 2008
Hunter 326 Lake Thurmond, GA
If we are in town we are usually on the boat. We sold our old 1967 Cal 30 and purchased a 2002 Hunter 326. Luckily my Admiral enjoys being on the hook but we also were able to experience for the first time factory air conditioning on the new Hunter while at the dock. Our longest cruise so far was a 5-day/4-nighter but usually we go out Friday and come back Sunday's due to our business obligations. Lady, our boat dog, joins us. Good times.
IMG_20180408_115134.jpg