A boat lift you can do solo..

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
I really like that boat, sesmith. Pretty and comfortable looking. What is she? She has a bit of a Bruce Roberts look about her.

-Will (Dragonfly)

Sep 24, 2018
O'Day 25 Chicago
I like @sesmith's idea. I'd take it one step further for peace of mind and place a 2" ratchet strap around the boat and trailer. If the ratchet is on the opposite side that is to be painted, the boat will be pulled to that side a bit. I did almost the same thing this year except I didnt use wood and disconnected 1-2 bunk supports at a time while it was strapped. The straps should be able to hold the boat in place even without bunks (obviously not recommended nor tested).

Jul 1, 2010
Catalina 350 Lake Huron
I like @sesmith's idea. I'd take it one step further for peace of mind and place a 2" ratchet strap around the boat and trailer. If the ratchet is on the opposite side that is to be painted, the boat will be pulled to that side a bit. I did almost the same thing this year except I didnt use wood and disconnected 1-2 bunk supports at a time while it was strapped. The straps should be able to hold the boat in place even without bunks (obviously not recommended nor tested).
Hard to see in that pic, but I also have a large ratchet strap holding the boat to the trailer and bunk on the opposite side. Of course, my boat rests on it's wing keel on the trailer making this setup pretty easy (other than the contortions one has to do to paint a boat on the trailer).

Jul 1, 2010
Catalina 350 Lake Huron
So you basically formed a loop around the hull and one hook on the opposite side connected to the trailer?
Yes, and around the bunk on the other side. Just as an extra safety measure. Wouldn't rely on that by itself, though.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
@sesmith
It was good to see you use four boards vs. less with stakes in the ground behind the boards but I would be very cautious looking at the long range forecast. Once years ago a customer did that with damage to the hull to deck joint which I had to repair as a result of high winds which rocked the boat. However, your Seaward 25 is a solid boat. Is that a Hake designed boat as I cannot remember. Did sell a few but not for long as there was not much demand in my area plus the stocking requirments of the other lines ate up all my coverage not to mention monthly interest.

Jul 1, 2010
Catalina 350 Lake Huron
@sesmith
It was good to see you use four boards vs. less with stakes in the ground behind the boards but I would be very cautious looking at the long range forecast. Once years ago a customer did that with damage to the hull to deck joint which I had to repair as a result of high winds which rocked the boat. However, your Seaward 25 is a solid boat. Is that a Hake designed boat as I cannot remember. Did sell a few but not for long as there was not much demand in my area plus the stocking requirments of the other lines ate up all my coverage not to mention monthly interest.
Yes, Hake designed. It is solid. You would think very little need for a shallow wing keel up north here either, but handy for launching and those shallow spots up in the North Channel of Lake Huron. Usually very little wind in my back yard so no worries there. Usually get it wrapped up in a couple of days. Very little movement as the wing keel supports all the weight.