Replace Helmsman’s seat on a 2002, 411

natep

Sep 3, 2018
Beneteau 411 Limited Chesapeake Beach MD
Does anyone know a good place to get replacement parts at a discount. I have a 2002, 411 that I purchased in January of this year. One of my captains accidentally knocked the helmsman’s seat over board. He suggested a boat savage place. Any ideas? I check with the Beneteau dealer, but thought maybe someone has some other ideas or places.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
He suggested a boat savage place.
That's where I would start. It looks like you are in the Chesapeake Bay area. I'm unfamiliar with that area, but I wouldn't think there would be a shortage of salvaged boat parts.

You are looking for the removable seat that gives you access through the transom like in this picture? It shouldn't be hard to make a very nice version in a basic woodshop either.

Good luck

-Will (Dragonfly)

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Natep,
I hadn't notice before, you are a new member. Welcome to SBO. The sailors on this forum are top notch and well connected as well as very experienced. Someone will be able to help you. I'm surprised I'm the only one who has responded to your question, so far. If you fail to have luck and are interested in having a piece made, I will be happy to talk to you about it in a private message. I am a woodworker and artist, by trade. Many regulars here check the New Posts activity regularly. On busy days, a post back move quickly down the list and off the first page. Even someone who has little to offer can help by posting and keeping your thread visible.
I'll check back occasionally, to see how things are progressing.

-Will (Dragonfly)

natep

Sep 3, 2018
Okay thanks. I will reach out to you. Let me know how to contact you. I need to explore all of my options.

Nate

Gunni

Mar 16, 2010
Beneteau 411 Oceanis Annapolis
A very expensive accident. That part is $900 from BeneteauUSA. As a Beneteau owner you should be registered for the online spareparts website. Call Beneteau USA and they will hook you up.
upload_2018-10-23_13-6-44.png

upload_2018-10-23_13-7-19.png

DougM

Jul 24, 2005
Beneteau 323 Manistee, MI
Welcome to,this forum.
First of all, I would like to verify that you are referring to the entire fiberglass center seat.
If so, how on earth did it become unattached to the point that it could be lost overboard?

If that is not the part in question, could you be more specific. Was it possibly just a cushion that was lost?

Rick D

Jun 14, 2008
Hunter Legend 40.5 Shoreline Marina Long Beach CA
Welcome. Yes, I almost lost mine when I leaned against it after the hold downs had not been secured. Fortunately, it floated just long enough to get a boat hook on it!
+1 on creating a wooden replacement, either by yourself if handy or by checking with a cabinet maker. Would be / could be very nice! That's what I would do if I wasn't as lucky as I was.

Gunni

Mar 16, 2010
Beneteau 411 Oceanis Annapolis
If not seated correctly, it is easy to knock this seat loose and have it tumble overboard. There is a bungee cord leash to keep it attached, but as we know The Great Satan (duct tape) had a child named Bungee and both will betray you.

Mine actually sits in the lower (stowed) position so that I have a constant walk-through. I steer from starboard or port seating and never miss that center seating position. A good shipwright carpenter could fabricate a nice replacement seat if you felt the need for it.

natep

Sep 3, 2018
Hey Doug, it was the entire seat! When he called me to tell me about the cruise, he said “now for the bad news, the seat fall over boat” I said what seat? he said that one that come up from the floor. I said WHAT! I couldn’t believed it. A few days later the first mate give a different account. But yes I was just as puzzled as you.

natep

Sep 3, 2018
Thanks Gunni, l signed up sometime back but had not used it. Thanks for the screenshot! I just visit the site and plan on using it in the future.

Nate

natep

Sep 3, 2018
Rick, Thank I will weigh the options of getting one made or buying one. I guess that’s why I wanted to know if I can buy the part from a salvage yard from a junk boat boat.

Nate