Rub rail O'day 192/222?

Nov 9, 2012
Oday 192 Lake Nockamixon
Has anyone replaced damaged sections of 192 white plastic rub rail? D&R Marine has said they sell it by the foot, so just replacing the damaged section should be possible.

I've got damage on the starboard side amidship from before I bought the boat. There has been fairly consistent indication of leaking in the area, and replacing the worn and loose fastener toe rail didn't help. I guess with all the rain we've had this summer, the leak is more obvious. I'm figuring when I pull out the black center of the rub rail, I'm going to find some loose and wonky fasteners, and possibly hull/deck joint damage. Unfortunate, but I've come to the conclusion that glass repairs are no big deal with enough sanding, fairing, and reasonably close paint color matching. She is over 30 years old after all. Sometimes good enough is good enough...

Sep 29, 2015
Oday 222 Lake N ockamixon, pa
Gel coat is easy to spray. The color also has to be matched. That's the hardest part for me. The rail looks like a complicated affair to me. Maybe the leak is in the fasteners for the teak trim. Mine is original and things are coming apart. Maybe a winter project.

Nov 9, 2012
Oday 192 Lake Nockamixon
Maybe the leak is in the fasteners for the teak trim. Mine is original and things are coming apart. Maybe a winter project.
I replaced the toe rails and re-bedded the lifeline stanchion bases this spring. I was really hoping that would help, but it didn't, so there's only one other thing to fix...