chainplates knee bots for islander 28 , to pierce the hull or glass them back in ?

Oct 19, 2018
Islander 28 Baltimore
so there was a rusting weep hole at the bottom of my starboard upper shroud chain plate that was glassed in and original from 1965, so I chopped it out, polished it up the plate looks great, there was a little moisture in the wood knee, but not a lot, the teak was in pretty good shape, the only problem is the bolts that hold the chainplate to the knee are corroded (the thread stripped off when removing) so the question is chop out the middle of the wood knee, and replace with coosa board , or cut a small hole in the outside of the hull, to remove the bolts,and install new ones that go through the whole hull. The heads of the current corroded bolts are sandwiched between the outer hull and and the teak knee, that the ends of the bolt are protruding from. I like the idea of the bolts going to the outside for easy replacement in the future, but that does open a potential pathway for water .... bolts will be replaced with stainless steel bolts and should last another 30 years or more (the current bronze ones lasted since 1965) .... anyone else had this debacle of replacing the glassed in bolts for the chainplates on an old Islander ?

Oct 19, 2018
Islander 28 Baltimore
Can't seem to find a way to edit the title of my post, it's knee bolts, not knee bots :(