393 2004 toe rail block

DougM

Jul 24, 2005
Beneteau 323 Manistee, MI
I have the same turning blocks,on my 323. Seems like they should be a shelf item from a hardware supplier...
Worst case, measure the sheave diameter, width and the pin diameter. Order new sheaves, Drive the pins out,of the blocks and replace. There is probably nothing wrong with the block castings themselves. The sheaves are more than likely nylon or delrin.

Jun 2, 2004
Beneteau 393 Lake Texoma, Texas
The original sheaves are pure crap-very soft material that will develop flat spots/sides if a line runs through them too quickly. Same for the sheaves found in the original traveler. I replaced all of these sheaves with Harken bearing sheaves and it made a world of difference. You can order replacements of the original blocks from Beneteau, but you might as well order several, as you will be continually replacing them.

Joe Hanna
C'est La Vie
393 hull 200

DougM

Jul 24, 2005
Beneteau 323 Manistee, MI
Part # for entire block is 705150 on Beneteau Spare parts site $82 ea
That doesn't seem right. Those things aren't worth one percent of that ! They are essentially junk.

Apr 6, 2013
Beneteau 35s5 Belleville
Expensive Junk then maybe (smile) -- but ya that is the price in the Beneteau spare part site - be thankful you aren't looking for a replacement pulpit or keel. I have ordered some unique Bene parts from them -- they are knowledgable and quick at shipping.

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
Maybe you should look at the ones from other manufacturers that fit on the stanchions as an alternative.

MikeWT

Sep 30, 2018
Beneteau 343 Bristol
I replaced all of these sheaves with Harken bearing sheaves and it made a world of difference.
Joe, what Harken bearing sheaves did you use? Is there a size or part number to reference?

I've got same problem and looking for most direct replacement / upgrade.

Jun 21, 2004
Beneteau 343 Slidell, LA
Someone previously posted about a firm that rebuilds sheaves and blocks.
Its called Zephyrwerk, "The sheave factory"
www.Zephyrwerks.com

And yes, I priced new ones from Beneteau. I cant understand how these blocks can cost so much, for so little quality. will likely get mine rebuilt.

Mar 20, 2016
Beneteau 351 WYC Whitby
find a machine shop, I machined new ones from derlin,it took 1/2 hour to make 2

arf145

Nov 4, 2010
Beneteau 331 Deale, MD
I replaced the sheaves in that type of block on my 331 last winter. I didn't record the sheave size unfortunately, but I found workable sized Delrin ones at Rig-Rite (it might have been their NF 73). To replace the drilled out pins, I used 18-8 Stainless Clevis Pins with Retaining Ring Groove, 5/16" diam, 1-1/16" length from McMaster-Carr. It wasn't easy, and it wasn't all that cheap (mainly the cost of the sheaves). Still, back in business at half the price.