Added a KISS-SSB analysis link to my sailing page

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
I mentioned in another thread that the Seven Seas Cruising Association (SSCA) site went full pay-to-play recently. When they did this it closed their forums to general viewing. Now one must purchase a yearly subscription to their website. That is their call.

So on SSCA they had a communications forum. Kind of like this forum for SSB and Ham operators. It had more information in it than we have here, but we are getting there. Of the many threads, one in particular caught my attention. That was on the KISS-SSB counterpoise.

It was a very long discussion with some excellent information. One post in particular had a comparison of the KISS-SSB to random wires. I thought it was very comprehensive and included SWR analysis with frequency and return loss data.

I had a premonition recently that SSCA might shut down due to little activity that I could see. So I copied the data of that one post in the KISS-SSB thread and converted it to a webpage/pdf file. You can click on my signature and scroll to the bottom of the page and look for the KA4WJA link.

I did not change any of the information in the post, just some spelling. So if you read it, it might be slightly disjointed in places.

It is a good read and hope you can use the info for your SSB install on your boat.