H23.5 mast base halyard sheave spacers

Jun 2, 2004
Hunter 23.5 Calgary, Canada
2018-07-18 14.53.15.jpg
The photo shows the broken spacer. I have none at all now and the main halyard binds between the sheaves. I don't know if there was originally one or two or three of these, but now they're all gone. I'm wondering how many should there be, and what is the shape of the corners that are broken off? I think a close up photo of spacers in place will be enough to answer the question?

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
I purchased one from this site (SBO)

Give them a call

IMG_2427.JPG

BrianW

Jan 7, 2005
Hunter 26 Guntersville Lake, (AL)
I bought a cheap Dollar General white plastic patio end table that goes with the while plastic stackable chairs.I paid about $8 for it. From the flat table top surface I traced and cut out 4 sheeve separators and then cut away the rest of the flat surface from the scrap for future use. The first separator has lasted me about 5 years and finally cracked after I accidentally stepped on it. BrianW

Jun 2, 2004
Hunter 23.5 Calgary, Canada
Thanks everyone for the replies...

Thanks Scotty! The manual for my H23.5 doesn't have that diagram. I remember it was slightly odd shaped, not that it's too critical.

Years ago I bought a 12x24 piece of UHMW to fashion shims for the tiller, where it's sandwiched between the top of the rudder plates. I'm pretty sure I kept the leftovers, but now I'm 90 minutes away from the boat for a few days so I'll to wait.

I guess what remains is how to figure out how to get the pin out. Maybe grab it between the sheaves with needle-nose pliers and try to push it?

BrianW

Jan 7, 2005
Hunter 26 Guntersville Lake, (AL)
Rick, on my H26, I accessed the pin from inside the cabin. If I pull out the light fixture over the table, I can reach into the thin “ceiling” space and feel for the pin and guide it into the pin recessed area. It’s much easier with 2 people. I’m considering drilling through the molded housing from the outside and using a bolt and nut as the sheeve axle and sealing the bolt lightly with 4200. BrianW

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
The pin on my H26 is was held in with 5200. Plyers and cursing was all it took