Ladder Step Pad

Feb 25, 2014
Hunter Hunter 30 Lake Lanier
I have a 92 Hunter 30. My wife would like me to add ladder step pads so she can enter the water more comfortably. The ladder has 3 rungs. The bottom two are fairly easy as brace is at a 90 degree angle. The top rung is at an angle to the brace.

Has anyone installed a step pad on this top step? Would I need to take the ladder to a shop and have someone drill a couple holes in the stainless? Looking for ideas,

Thank You

Nov 8, 2007
Hunter 27_75-84 Sandusky Harbor Marina, Ohio
We put teak treads on all of the rungs of our swim ladder. We dismounted the ladder and used my brother’s drill press. The only particular part was to figure out the angle the would level the steps with the ladder deployed. It wasn’t hard, and it has lasted10 years now without any problems.

May 12, 2004
Hunter Cherubini 30 New Port Richey
I have small steps on my boarding ladder. Bought them at West Marine a few years ago. Can't remember the brand but they are plastic about six inches long and about two inches wide. They clamp on the rungs using a U-clamp that screws onto the bottom of the step securing it to the rung. No drilling necessary.

Feb 25, 2014
Hunter Hunter 30 Lake Lanier
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll look to see what West Marine has now, otherwise drilling may do the trick.

Jul 31, 2014
Hunter 30T Canyon Lake
We have a '93 Hunter 30 and wrapped them in boat blanket from Sailrite. Very comfortable for barefeet.

Aug 23, 2011
Hunter 31 Georgetown, MD
Greetings:
I found these cool clips and clamps in a kit at Fawcett's in Annapolis years ago.
I don't have a clue who made them.
The steps are pieces of machined Trex lumber, supper comfy when climbing !

upload_2018-7-31_10-53-1.png

pateco

Aug 12, 2014
Hunter 31 (1983) Pompano Beach FL
Greetings:
I found these cool clips and clamps in a kit at Fawcett's in Annapolis years ago.
I don't have a clue who made them.
The steps are pieces of machined Trex lumber, supper comfy when climbing !

View attachment 154358
Those are sweet. Wonder if I could get a local shop to bend some up for me.

Apr 8, 2011
Hunter 40 Deale, MD
I have small steps on my boarding ladder. Bought them at West Marine a few years ago. Can't remember the brand but they are plastic about six inches long and about two inches wide. They clamp on the rungs using a U-clamp that screws onto the bottom of the step securing it to the rung. No drilling necessary.
Were these what you’re talking about?

Feb 10, 2004
Hunter 40.5 Warwick, RI
I made up a bunch of these U-shaped brackets years ago out of stainless steel. I found these two but I thought I had more unless I gave them away years ago. They fit 7/8" diameter tubes. If you are interested I will look for more over the weekend. Free for shipping if I have them.

2020_0903_064016.JPG

Jan 19, 2010
Catalina 34 Casco Bay
Go online to Catalina Direct. In the search bar type boarding ladder steps... options include bonded and/or fastened

AaronD

Aug 10, 2014
Catalina 22 9874 Newberg, OR / Olympia, WA
I made up a bunch of these U-shaped brackets years ago out of stainless steel. I found these two but I thought I had more unless I gave them away years ago. They fit 7/8" diameter tubes. If you are interested I will look for more over the weekend. Free for shipping if I have them.
Nice! Or look at McMaster-Carr if @Rich Stidger doesn't have enough for your needs: McMaster-Carr Routing Clamps

Feb 10, 2004
Hunter 40.5 Warwick, RI

View attachment 184519
@ChrisHunter -Will these 7/8" U-clamps fit your ladder, or should I stop looking for more? BTW, If they will work, how many do you need?

Last edited: