460 Dodger help needed

Nov 18, 2017
Hunter 460 Nanny Cay, BVI
I’m searching for either a 460 dodger and frame or the drawings for one. Sadly the dodger makers I have contacted will only create one if they have the boat and as it’s in BVI, that just isn’t an option. Surely there’s a standard design somewhere? I don’t need anything fancy. Chris

Attachments

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
"standard design"... If you know the OEM canvas, fine... but people want different arrangements. You can get a kit from Sailrite.com and make what YOU like..

Nov 18, 2017
I may try them, thanks. Essentially the 'standard' piece is the coachroof fitting and shape. I would have thought Hunter would have offered a 'standard' optional dodger...but maybe not?

Nov 18, 2017
I saw this service but I'm not sure I want to spend $35 (yeh, I'm cheap) just for them to say "go to xxx, and they will need your boat". On the other hand I would gladly buy drawings/specs/measurements for a 460 dodger for $35!

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
I would have thought Hunter would have offered a 'standard' optional dodger...but maybe not?
When I bought my B323 in Annapolis, the dealer offered a standard canvas package that was made a few blocks way by a local canvas shop- CC. I looked at the same 323 model, a boat CC did, but was not what I wanted, so made my own. CC had the dimensions for the bows, so I just bought one of the bows from them. All worked out well and I got what I wanted/made..

Rick D

Jun 14, 2008
Hunter Legend 40.5 Shoreline Marina Long Beach CA
To the best of my knowledge, canvas work such as dodgers, biminis, etc. was done locally upon commissioning. Cant get done in the BVI's

Oct 27, 2016
Seattle
And now a word from the sponsor...
Replacement in-deck solar panel

Finally, a drop-in replacement for the in-deck solar panel on Hunters built from the early 90s through the mid-2000s. Improved for longer life and greater output.
See the product