Elite / (Kerie Feeling?)

Apex

Jun 19, 2013
C&C 30 Elk Rapids
I am perusing the internets and came across a lovely looking cruiser, Elite 364. PHRF around 120, perhaps a bit slower for a 36footer. Anyone know much of the Elite and/or Kerie Feeling lines on this side of the pond. It appears Elite is a French brand with a Canadian builder also creating North American models. Deep keel, double spreader rig, with a fast looking form with a contrary cruiser/simple running rigging topsides.

@Jackdaw must have some input on that brand? A previous sale fell through for some issues found, and am interested in value and cost for some repairs prior to putting any time investment by looking into it.

Keel Rebed ?$?
Soda Blasting, barrier and VC a bottom ?$?
Anyone been through these in the Great Lakes in the last few years, hiring out to yard?

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
Sure. The Kerie yard existed in France for quite a while, and produced quality boats. Not a lot of them over here. I actually looked at a few, but never bit because they are all masthead, and I have a particular fondness for fractional rigs. The quality of the interior woodwork in particular was great. The family sold out a few years ago, and AFAICT the brand is dead. But good boats, if you see one you like it probably sails well and has good bones.

Apex

Jun 19, 2013
C&C 30 Elk Rapids
owner is doing their own keel rebed.....which appears in my mind to be a band aid job, not proper fix. I can see VERY SLIGHT bulge in keel at forward two keel bolts, new epoxy at keel/hull joint (no stub) and epoxy on the washers. What is required for rebed? Word was a previous survey pointed to a keel rebed required. Interior woodwork finish is shot. no joy for me on this one.

mylar main, elliptical keel form, rounded hull form (she must sail on her ear?!) and a great layout are some positive points. too bad