Off Season Projects 2017/2018

Slartibartfass

Capri 22 Mod
Dec 13, 2015
Catalina Capri 22 1139 Mamaroneck, NY
That damn snow is driving me nuts. Took off the cover this weekend and cleaned and restocked boat for launch 3rd week of April and we got 8" of snow this morning. Had to shovel snow off the boat/out of cockpit. Insane.... Getting no projects done..... GOTTA MOVE SOUTH....

Oct 11, 2017
Catalina Capri 22 259 Washington DC
I hear what you're saying, I am trying to get my mast out of the basement so my wife can have her laundry room back...
but it was cold and wet this weekend as well here. But the good news is I am ready for warm temps so I hang the rig up, take measurements so I can order the new standing rigging package.

Jul 28, 2016
Not sure how one get's a mast into the basement - must not be a traditional basement!

Here in Michigan, I am watching yet another round of snow outside my window. Our normal daily temperature for early April is mid-50's, but we are going to be in the mid-30's for the next 7-10 days anyway. I am scheduled to launch on 4/27, and my boat is still under shrink-wrap. My plans include installation of a new Selden bowsprit and installing upgraded winches, along with the normal hull wax and bottom prep. This weather sucks!

Slartibartfass

Capri 22 Mod
Dec 13, 2015
Catalina Capri 22 1139 Mamaroneck, NY
Ok I got the following done so far:

(J) Replace depth sounder/finder or get rid of it..... (I rebedded the old one with plumbers putty.... Test pending)

(N/A) Cut 2 new holes in outboard mount to have a better height for outboard. Drilling was a pain and I destroyed some pretty expensive drill bits.... Oh well......

1A5EC602-9502-4445-A7B9-A0BF767E9D32.jpeg

Feb 16, 2017
Not sure why it would be hard on drill bits, I have good success using oil and low speeds start with small bits. Knowing the desired hole sizes I would used 3 steps up the largest bit

Jul 28, 2016
Drilling stainless steel using a low speed drill press and cutting fluid is pretty easy. Drilling stainless using a hand drill while the bracket is still attached to the boat is pretty hard. I found this out drilling a hole in the stem fitting on my old boat.

Gene S

Nov 29, 2015
Delphia 37 Tacoma
Nice bracket for the fan Gene.
Thanks. It was the first thing that came to mind. I should not have been in a hurry. It will be a while before it gets hot around here. Next, try to run the cable for the ram mike for the radio.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
My run was easier then I expected. There is plenty of cable and one end is just wires. Just have to remember to run it from the terminus to the radio.
Also use a hole saw to cut the hole for the plug.