Lewmar winches

Dec 19, 2006
Hunter 36 Punta Gorda
WM is having bogo sale on Lewmar winches and they also the conversion kit much cheaper and looking at my boat I really think that motor will fit.
Lewmar list 2 types of series for my 40 winches a E and ELS series does any one know how to tell which is which.
I have until Sunday to get the bogo and yes I called and emailed their tech support about a hour ago.
Anyone with info with adding electric on a 356/36 Hunter at the helm only and they are under where the arch is mounted.
Nick

Oct 29, 2016
Hunter 41 DS Port Huron
The only difference I know of between the E and the ELS is the control of the motor load.
  • "E Series controller features a thermal trip. In addition to a thermal trip, the ELS Control Box cuts power when the winch reaches its Working Load Limit (WLL). Power resumes once the load returns below the WLL."

Aug 22, 2017
Hunter 26.5 West Palm Beach
In my experience, when things are on sale at WM, the price is usually reduced to the point of being almost as low as the normal price from a discount competitor. Sometimes the price is not even that good.

A friend of mine recently tipped me off that WM had some rod holders on sale for 50% off. They were marked down from about $50 to about $25. I found the same ones on Amazon for $15. WM had line for 40% off recently. That brought the price down to just over double what I pay at a place that is less than a mile down the street from them.

My advice is - shop around a little before diving into a "bargain" at WM, if the bargain price is your only reason for buying.

Dec 19, 2006
Hunter 36 Punta Gorda
Thanks I did find out what the E and ELS but about the Eneeds some kind of reset.
Yes we were not born yesterday and do shop before going to WM for sure.
I am retired and really like to save$$$$ and this winch Bogo the real deal.
Nick

Dec 19, 2006
Hunter 36 Punta Gorda
Just the sample WM has the40st conversion for the E at $1500.00 and best price I found was
$1200.00 but at $1500.00 $300 more WM is giving a second one free.
So save $300 if buying one but for 2 $1500.00 and other things yes a few dollars more
but you are getting 2 for a few dollars more.
We have 2 WM stores here and about 3 other marine stores that we all check before buying what we need and than we check the internet.
WM also still does match prices for some.
Nick

EV21

Apr 29, 2016
Macgregor 21 Venture Delaware ...
Tried to buy a couple of winches a couple of times today but during checkout (or attempted checkout) site hung and would not continue to allow entry of payment information or review/confirmation of my order. Live chat person said to try another browser or call back tomorrow. Tomorrow's too late for the BOGO deal. Never had any other problems spending money with Firefox before. Might try a callback tomorrow but will not hold my breath counting on them honoring the BOGO. Anybody else hit any snags like this?

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
Tried to buy a couple of winches a couple of times today but during checkout (or attempted checkout) site hung and would not continue to allow entry of payment information or review/confirmation of my order. Live chat person said to try another browser or call back tomorrow. Tomorrow's too late for the BOGO deal. Never had any other problems spending money with Firefox before. Might try a callback tomorrow but will not hold my breath counting on them honoring the BOGO. Anybody else hit any snags like this?
go visit, or call, the closest west marine store and order it there..... It's likely they won't have it in stock but will deliver to store for pickup or to your house. Anyway they will honor the promo.

Dec 19, 2006
Hunter 36 Punta Gorda
I ordered at store not internet and wanted in person
to confirm not mistake for sure,we have 2 stores here and is better
A for sailboat supplies.
Nick

EV21

Apr 29, 2016
Thanks folks, Nearest store to me is a bit further than is convenient to do in-store pickup. Maybe another time. Still a bit perplexed as to why the online transaction would not complete. Winches went into my cart without a hitch and the BOGO deal applied automatically. Only payment info/confirmation didn't work. Closest hint of what might be a cause was that site seemed unconvinced that my mailing address is a regular (non PO, APO ...) residential address. Been here over 40 years and everything from Delaware to China finds its way here without difficulty, including bills and the summons for jury duty. Was just curious whether anybody else experienced the issue I had with an online purchase.

Dec 19, 2006
Hunter 36 Punta Gorda
WM seems to have the winch bogo deal every year,a friend told me got his new winches last year.
Nick

EV21

Apr 29, 2016
Good to know, Nick. Maybe by next year the site will be Firefox friendly, will watch - Thanks.