Forum questions, comments, and complaints

JRacer

Aug 9, 2011
Beneteau 310 Cheney KS (Wichita)
I have searched around and cannot find the answer to these questions:
1. Is there a limit on the amount of text that can be put into a single post? If so, what is the limit on the number of characters in a single post.
2. Can photos be uploaded in the same post if the text limit has been reached?
3. Is there a limit on the number of photos (appropriately individually sized) that can be uploaded in a single post? If so, what is it?

Thanks.

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
@JRacer: theoretically, 16,000,000 characters but I don't recommend posting anywhere near that limit. :) I don't believe there is any limit on images. What are you planning to post? :yikes:

JRacer

Aug 9, 2011
Beneteau 310 Cheney KS (Wichita)
Well, I have an update to my offshore delivery post and it's rather lengthy as it covers 9 days of sailing/activity. I've boiled it down to about 6,700 characters/1,600 words. And, I thought I'd post some pics to go with it. I suppose I could print it to a PDF and just upload the PDF. Might present better than just a lengthy narrative.

Feb 20, 2011
Island Packet 35 Tucson, AZ/San Carlos, MX
Well, I have an update to my offshore delivery post and it's rather lengthy as it covers 9 days of sailing/activity. I've boiled it down to about 6,700 characters/1,600 words. And, I thought I'd post some pics to go with it. I suppose I could print it to a PDF and just upload the PDF. Might present better than just a lengthy narrative.
Please, please use paragraphs...;)

FDL S2

Jun 29, 2014
S2 7.3 Fond du Lac
Maybe you can make it a series? Divide it Into sequential 2 day parts and post one a day with the pics pertaining to each day's post.

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
No problem, that's easily within the limits of normal posts and it will be easier to read in the regular forum format. Thanks for checking though!

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Why post it all at once and get only one like when you can post multiple chapters and get a like for each one?

-Will (Dragonfly)

Feb 20, 2011
Island Packet 35 Tucson, AZ/San Carlos, MX
Hey, Phil, can we get a "new posts" button at the bottom of each page, or are you retired?