Cockpit Shower

Aug 8, 2010
Oday 34' sloop Deltaville VA
I have a 34' O'Day and would like to install a cockpit shower. I am looking for information on where to install it, what kind to buy, etc. Any advice?

Apr 5, 2009
Catalina '88 C30 tr/bs Oak Harbor, WA
I am looking to do the same on my C30 so hopefully your info will cross over.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Oh Boy... Old guys showering in the Cockpit in an Anchorage.:ass:
What is wrong with this image?

jwing

Jun 5, 2014
ODay Mariner Guntersville
Least expensive, easiest and fastest to install, most BTUs out per Wh in, least amount of time and money for maintenance, least potential for breakdown, least amount of space taken: solar shower bag.

If you are one of those people who must have higher pressure than gravity, then type "pump up solar shower" into your search engine. Lots of options.

TomY

Alden Forum Moderator
Jun 22, 2004
Alden 38' Challenger yawl Rockport Harbor
Another cheap solution: We use a dishwasher adaptor that replaces the aerator on the galley faucet. The coupling that fits it, is tightened onto a 25' garden hose with a multi spray nozzle(there is a good 'shower' setting.

It stores coiled up in a locker. You just click the connector on the male adaptor on the faucet, and open the hot and cold galley valves to the temp you want(usually all Hot because it's rarely too hot on our boat).

We used to use the cockpit but hosing that down is a problem at most times.

We use the side decks on our boat. They're plenty wide enough to sit(on the away side), and shower if there are people around. The side decks drain through scuppers and the cockpit stays dry.

You can drape a towel over the lifelines for some privacy.

I've used this arrangement for years and really like it. Plus it's nice to have an onboard hose with hot and cold water available, for other things(cleaning the icebox for instance).

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
where to install it, what kind to buy, etc.
What you buy will determine where you can put it. Take a look at any Defender or WM catalog for cockpit shower assemblies, then go to a hardware store, Walmart or an RV store and get it for half price. Good luck.

Jan 27, 2008
ODay 35 Beaufort, NC
Try using one of those pump up sprayers you get at a big box store or amazon for spraying your bushes and trees. Also works good for cleaning the deck. They come with a variety of nozzles to let you adjust the spray. Since it is only on when you push the handle it is very efficient for water usage. They make one specifically for bleach so that is a good one for the marine environment as it won't corrode so quickly.

Pat

Jun 7, 2004
Oday 272LE Ninnescah Yacht Club, Wichita, Ks.
Our friends installed a shower in the cockpit of their Erickson 28.Magus..I'm certain it came from either WM or Defenders...They had a wheel and they really enjoyed the shower as it was connected to provide hot & coldwater.w/a mixing valve. Pat

May 24, 2004
CC 30 South Florida
I would recommend a wash down fixture with a hose connector. They can be installed flush with a water tight screw in lid . Unless you have an open transom you may not want the usual shower fixtures which could allow water inside the hull in the case of swamping or blocked scuppers.

Dec 27, 2012
Precision Precision 28 St Augustine
AA0031EF-9574-4475-B8A8-A98836EB0CA5.jpeg I planned on adding one this year but it kind of dropped down on my priority list. This is the one I like. It has a mixing valve for hot and cold. I like that it has a push button rather then a lever. I also like it because it simply requires a set of 2 inch holes to mount.