O'day Sprite

Dec 8, 2014
Oday Sprite Northeast Nebraska
Sprite

I got her this summer. She was covered with lichens and very dirty. Even had a bee hive under the seat. Probably hadn't been in the water in decades. Got her home and cleaned up. Then sanded down and patches some minor cracks and painted her.
The inside still needs work, and I just bought a used sail. I could sail her now, but, of course, with snow on the ground and ice on the lakes, it's the wrong time of year in Nebraska.

Bcnole

Dec 16, 2017
O’day Sprite North Florida
Hello all- I have a 10’ sprite o’day. After an unfortunate capsize, I managed to lose the rudder. Any advice on where I could find a replacement rudder?
Any help is appreciated!
Brianwcliburn@yahoo.com

Jun 2, 2004
Oday Day Sailer Wareham, MA
You could check with D&R Marine in Assonet, MA www.drmarine.com (508) 644-3001 Rudy Nickerson, was the Parts Dept. Manager at O'DAY from 1973-89 runs that place and although he won't have a SPRITE rudder, one of his early Widgeon Rudders will fit OK. Less expensive idea would be to make a new one, just copy off any similar-sized 10' sailboat. Finally, the original plans for the SPRITE are available from Robert Baker Boats in Westport, MA (http://www.by-the-sea.com/bakerboatworks/) and that includes the rudder dimensions. The design name in the Baker Boats Catalog is "SPIRIT".

Last edited: