Sea Lions

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
At the Galapagos. You can swim with sea lions. They are very interested in being and playing with you.

- Will (Dragonfly)

Rick D

Jun 14, 2008
Hunter Legend 40.5 Shoreline Marina Long Beach CA
We had a dispute over who would occupy the finger we were going to occupy. Sea Lions won! Much commotion and tooth flashing.

Oct 9, 2008
Bristol 29.9 Dana Point
We had a dispute over who would occupy the finger we were going to occupy. Sea Lions won! Much commotion and tooth flashing.
Assuming after sundown, get a good flashlight and an air horn.
Slowly stalk them from a good distance. Wait until the moment they see you, then barrel in at a dead run charge, strafing with the light, yelling and arms waving, and blasting that horn. They'll panic and dive off the dock. You have to run right at them without fear. Of course retreat if it doesn't work. Although it will.
Then hang out for 10 minutes or so for when they try to come back.
They'll come back eventually, but you should have your dock finger vacant of pinnipeds for awhile.

Last edited:
May 12, 2004
Hunter Cherubini 30 New Port Richey
At the Galapagos. You can swim with sea lions. They are very interested in being and playing with you.

- Will (Dragonfly)
I don't know. Looks like they're just gathering around the buffet table.:eek:

BTW, as a pyrographer, what do you do? Take pictures of buildings you've just set on fire? :)

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
LOL
a pyrographer
I make art :). When I bought my boat I redid the hatches and found out almost no one personalize them so I took my wife's suggestion and wood burned a design into them. It's my avatar. Now I'm trying to start a business doing it. Here's my latest project
20171114_053332.jpg
I have a post about my hatch board project on here somewhere.
Thanks for asking.
- Will (Dragonfly)

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
Makes me think of the Shackleton survival saga I read a few years back. His team was attacked across the ice by a relentless sea leopard. Kin to the lion.
"the crew were attacked by a sea leopard, which was quickly despatched by Frank Wild and his trusty rifle. In a turn of good fortune, the sea leopard was found to have a stomach full of undigested fish which provided a delicious meals for the crew."

May 12, 2004
Hunter Cherubini 30 New Port Richey
LOL

I make art :). When I bought my boat I redid the hatches and found out almost no one personalize them so I took my wife's suggestion and wood burned a design into them. It's my avatar. Now I'm trying to start a business doing it. Here's my latest project
View attachment 144723
I have a post about my hatch board project on here somewhere.
Thanks for asking.
- Will (Dragonfly)
NICE! :thumbup: Thanks for clearing that up. Whew!

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
@Roland5048 don't get sucked up by his innocent demeanor.
"Pyro" He lights matches for the fun of it.:laugh:
"grapher" then he draws pictures of the lighted matches and where they may fall.

So far the fire department can not find him cause he is holed up somewhere in the mountains of New Hampshire. Only thing saving the residents is the snow and cold.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Did I say I was in New Hampshire? Oh ... ah ... no, ah, New ... New Zealand, yeah, no, I'm in New Zealand. You must have misread me.
The snow is, ah, ahh... um from last year. Yeah, it was an old picture. Yeah, that's right, just an old picture from last Winter. W wh what makes you think I'm in hiding? I got nothing to hide?! I'm not hiding?
No, I tell you, I make art. It's all in the name of Art. EVERYONE LOVES ART!
-John ("Will is just a pseudonym", Dragonfly)