Imitation teak decking

Reg M

May 21, 2016
Hunter 31 Montague
A year or so ago someone shared some info on a product, the name of which escapes me. It was an imitation teak product which came in sheet form and you have to make a template and send it to the company and they will custom make it for you. Can someone tell me the name of the stuff, or better yet, give me the link to the thread? I have had no luck finding it. Thanks in advance for any help. Reg

Dec 22, 2013
Hunter 34 Oak Harbor
There are a number of companies that do that, I would suggest that you request a sample before you buy because they do not all look the same. On their websites it all looks great but there are differences that depend on your taste. Some of the companies are Plasdeck, Plasteak, Seadeck, Flexiteak to name just a few. Or check them out at a boat show!

May 6, 2010
1984 Oday 39 79 Milwaukee
It may have been Flexiteek or Isiteek which is the same product. Flexiteek when it is professionally installed, Isiteek when you send them a template, or buy the material and do it all yourself. I purchased rolls of the material and did it myself.

Reg M

May 21, 2016
Hunter 31 Montague
How did you do the outside edge of the cockpit floor or did you send them a template for that part? How long ago did you do it and can you give us an idea of the cost? Thanks. Reg

May 6, 2010
1984 Oday 39 79 Milwaukee
How did you do the outside edge of the cockpit floor or did you send them a template for that part? How long ago did you do it and can you give us an idea of the cost? Thanks. Reg
I bought bulk material and made my own patterns. The material comes rolled up, and there is a place in Florida that will sell it by the foot. There is also "king plank" material that is wider which you can use for larger radius borders. The joints at the miters have to be caulked with actual black caulk, as did the area around the pedestal. I still need to caulk the perimeter of the seating surfaces. I did the cockpit sole two winters ago, and the seating surfaces this summer. The cockpit sole material was around $300.00, the seating material I found on Ebay for around $170.00. It's not cheap, but I have been happy with it so far.