Mast delimma

Sep 2, 2017
Kenner Kittiwake Savannah, Ga.
I really feel stupid, but willing to admit it here. The mast goes on the square spot with a spike sticking up, but haven't figured out what the brass looking screw hole is for yet.
Did find out the boat was rigged for Solar panels so whoopiiee, but only 1 battery.

Attachments

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
Ventilator (place to screw in an air vent, or dorade box)? Anchor rode storage?
On the screw in bung, I read "Nicrometal Marine HArdware" but I can't make out the other stuff on there..
maybe a Nicro vent base.. with watertight plug screwed in ???
https://www.westmarine.com/vents

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Yes Johnny. You have what is called a "hinged mast step". You position the mast so you can slip the hinge pin in the mast base. Attach the side stays. Get the jib halyard and attach it to the bow at a strong point. Give the halyard to a helper to pull smoothly and quickly while you stand on the boat and push guide the mast up to greet the pin on the mast step. Smooth singular motion so as not to let the mast lean off to one side. Did it all the time on my Montgomery 15. There was always someone who wanted to help standing about and watching. It was possible to just lift the mast up into place, but always more fun to let someone help.