Upgrade to my V-berth area

Slartibartfass

Capri 22 Mod
Dec 13, 2015
Catalina Capri 22 1139 Mamaroneck, NY
On my Capri 22 i rearranged things for overnighting in the future and converted the V-berth area into a storage compartment based on a lot of comments about this topic on this group.

I added removable boards to prevent storage boxes to move while under sail and laid down custom cut rubber mats.

I am going to redo the boards eventually. Whipped them up from some scrap and the slots cut are pretty ugly..... Also the stain does not match the rest of the few pieces of wood in the boat.....
IMG_8424.JPG

Attachments

Sep 30, 2013
1988 Catalina 22 North Florida
Nice mod! And I like the fact they're easily removable, that's very cool. :thumbup:

If you didn't already, just make sure to use very large washers or backing plates behind the liner. It would be better to break one of the boards than to rip those bolts out through the liner, if push came to shove. But I'm sure you already thought of this. :)

Nov 19, 2008
Catalina C-22 MK-II Parrish, FL
MMMMmmmmmmm......... Your head modification looks surprisingly like our head modification that I did back in 2009 and was published in the MainBrace and has been included in the C-22 Tech Manual.

By the way rpludwig, our original C-22 some 30+ years ago had a full marine head set-up with a large 14 gallon bladder holding tank under the V-berth

NEW DOMETIC HEAD 003.jpg

NEW DOMETIC HEAD 001.jpg

C-22 9405 005.jpg

Last edited: