Nautical beers

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
That reminds me I have a Full Sail in the Refer... With the temps nearing 100 I think I may have to rescue that beer from the cold.

May 20, 2016
Catalina 36 MK1 94 Everett, WA
Here is one I have but haven't tried yet. Don't know if it would be bad luck to consume while out cruising (Note the brewery)
IMG_0790.JPG

Another local brewery is schoonerexact.com most of their beers don't have naughtical names

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
BoatUS's article was obviously not complete! The labels from all of these nautical beers would make a cool montage. Especially if you got to drink them first!
I wonder if I sent some of you a SASE if you could mail me back some labels. That would mean you would have to drink them. I know, it's a dirty job but....

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
If you send me "SASE" you might get more than a label...

Gunni

Mar 16, 2010
Beneteau 411 Oceanis Annapolis
I don't know if this one is nautical, but it is the Best Boat'drinkin' Beer on Earth. Yeah, I said that. Light enough you can drink a few and a strong citrus hoppy finish that will refresh and prevent that beer-breath that chases the girls away! Comes in a can only, so you know it was made to be the proper boat beer (cans only lads!). Born in California where the craft brewing industry rose from the ashes of yellow beer like the mythic Phoenix.

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
Y'all come down to our country[TX, LA, MS] for a Chuck Norris favorite.:pimp:
Pearl of the Ocean...
th-2.jpeg

Gulf Coast Sailors...
Jim...

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
Get Pearl for medical reasons too...
Helps you recover from the stress of the day.:biggrin:
Jim...

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
But even the Admiral wins out over Pearl with the Chuck still in us... ;)
Jim...

PS: :plus::plus: PEARL is the one:snooty:!

RussC

Sep 11, 2015
Merit 22- Oregon lakes
I like a great tasting beer more than a pretty bottle. Corona is all that comes on board with me. ;)

Apr 8, 2010
Ericson Yachts Olson 34 28400 Portland OR
Our club had a pot luck dinner at the little port town of Cathlamet a couple weeks ago on the annual down-river cruise. Wonderful brews at this new local brewery.
http://rivermile38.com
Quite a few full growlers returned to the boats each day...
I prefer a smooth "wizen" over a hoppy or bitter brew, but the IPA aficionados seemed very pleased.

They opened up the tap room just for us on a Wednesday afternoon and we all did our best to justify their effort!
:)

Jul 12, 2011
Leopard 40 Jupiter, Florida
Light enough you can drink a few and a strong citrus hoppy finish that will refresh and prevent that beer-breath that chases the girls away!
On a similar note (but with a nautical theme) is another great Bell's beer from Michigan ... Oarsman
"Tart and refreshing, this sessionable, bright Wheat Ale exudes citrus and lemony aromas from Cascade hops and trades sour intensity for finesse. A perfect companion for any occasion, Oarsman Ale is a beer based in tradition, but with that distinctive Bell’s twist."​
https://www.bellsbeer.com/sites/default/files/brands/Oarsman_WebPic_736X736.png

Gunni

Mar 16, 2010
Beneteau 411 Oceanis Annapolis
We have Bell's Two-Hearted Ale on tap down this way. Very smooth and satisfying. Great beer. Met a guy who worked at the brewery while he was in school, he's still home brewing. The tradition continues.