The Official "What Did You Do To Your Mac Today" Thread!

RussC

Sep 11, 2015
Merit 22- Oregon lakes
I'm getting worried that I may have done all the modifications needed for our boat. will I need to buy a new boat soon? :)

Aug 1, 2011
Catalina 270 255 Wabamun. Welcome to the marina
I'm getting worried that I may have done all the modifications needed for our boat. will I need to buy a new boat soon? :)
and your point is? :) The avatar on the left is the result of that train of thought.

walt

Jun 1, 2007
Macgregor 26S Hobie TI Ridgway Colorado
We crossed paths a couple hours ago with a Macgregor 70 (Anthem) just off Newport Beach CA
anthem1.jpg

Sumner

Jan 31, 2009
Macgregor & Endeavour 26S and 37 Utah's Canyon Country
We crossed paths a couple hours ago with a Macgregor 70 (Anthem) just off Newport Beach CAView attachment 139049
Cool.....according to their web site it might still be for sale ...

http://www.macgregor26.com/macgregor70/home/home.html

Looks like you guys are having fun :):),

Sumner
=======================================================================
1300 miles to The Bahamas and Back in the Mac...
Endeavour 37 Mods...

MacGregor 26-S Mods...http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/endeavour-main/endeavour-index.html
Mac Trips to Utah, Idaho, Wyoming, Canada, Florida, Bahamas

walt

Jun 1, 2007
Sumner, you must have found the for sale link for Russ (who might need a new really big project)?
I'm getting worried that I may have done all the modifications needed for our boat. will I need to buy a new boat soon?
Yup having fun on the water..

walt

Jun 1, 2007
Picture from this morning (Newport Beach CA). Most of the supplies for a week are either under or over the Vberth and the water line is underwater in the front and above water in the rear..

RIMG2039.JPG

RussC

Sep 11, 2015
Merit 22- Oregon lakes
Picture from this morning (Newport Beach CA). Most of the supplies for a week are either under or over the Vberth and the water line is underwater in the front and above water in the rear..
:eek: You went and let your wife pack again... didn't you? :yikes:

:biggrin:

Sumner

Jan 31, 2009
Macgregor & Endeavour 26S and 37 Utah's Canyon Country

Cool picture and the reason I raised my water line a couple pictures. Aren't the Macs suppose to be faster with weight forward? You might be able now to run down than Mac 70 :).

Since I sleep forward, it is the aft berth that gets loaded down. I balance that with the 40+ gallons of water under the V-berth and other heavy stuff, like a spare anchor chain/rode and food.

Now that you have the time have you considered Florida? You would love it in March/April,

Sumner
=========================================================================
1300 miles to The Bahamas and Back in the Mac...
Endeavour 37 Mods...
MacGregor 26-S Mods...
Mac Trips to Utah, Idaho, Wyoming, Canada, Florida, Bahamas

May 18, 2017
MacGregor 26S Piscataqua
I've n been mentally struggling with how best to accommodate tent/Bimini/dodger/shade/mosquito protection/sun &a rain protection onto Eclipse. (16S)
In the meantime I think I've been up and down the ladder 187 times a day.
Here's the latest. Setting the jamb cleats at an angle.

Attachments

May 18, 2017
MacGregor 26S Piscataqua
And accommodating some easily accessible storage on the bulkhead walls. That's the back of the compass on port, and depth gauge to strbd.
IMG_2577.JPG

Attachments

Jun 1, 2015
Macgregor 26d Trailer Estates, Fl
Well, had two good trips this summer to Sardis Lake, MS and Higgins Lake, MI. On the way back from Higgins had a flat, but was a) lucky as I had just pulled in the rest area for a quick stop, and b) prepared in part due to another thread on this forum.

However, during that stop I noticed that the Bimini track had pulled loose. On further inspection I found that not only were there no backing plates, there were only screws holding on the track. No problem, I thought, I'll just fix that gen I get back. Well, turns out, that not only was the entire setup put in with screws, they didn't even bother to put anything on it to seal it.

In order to bolt it down, was going to lead to other projects, e.g. access ports, I decided I'd just pull all the related hardware, fill the holes with epoxy, and go sailing. The Bimini will get a rest until I pull for the winter.

I don't know if this was a PO mod, third party, or a factory option. Can't believe the Bimini is actually still on the boat given the install.

So, what did I do yo the Mac today? Stripped hardware, drilled out holes, and filled them. Going sailing next weekend. Thanks for letting me vent.

walt

Jun 1, 2007
Both of these were stored in the Vberth and just got inflated with 12 volt air mattress pump. The air mattress 12 volt pump is all that is needed for the kayak but the SUP requires at least 10 PSI which is over 200 pumps with the high pressure manual pump. Using the 12 volt pump first cuts out well over 100 of the manual pumps even though it only can pressure to just over 1 PSI.
inflatable1.jpg

Aug 7, 2011
MacGregor 26S Lakeland, FL
Here's the latest. Setting the jamb cleats at an angle.
I did something similar. So far, I've noticed that when i take more than a couple wraps on the winch, the free end of the sheet still has to cross over the wraps, and it is troublesome. Maybe others can add input from their experiences?

walt

Jun 1, 2007
Moored just off the Descanso resort on the West side of Avalon. We have significantly brought down the property value of the neighborhood LOL.. Swell made for some good rock and roll sleeping and its supposed to get worse.
avalonsail1.jpg
avalonsail2.jpg